• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Business Bank Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
    Northern Rock is the best.

5.74% AER on balances over £10k
    Do they do business banking?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      Hey, don't knock it. Do you have any idea how long their internet banking service was "coming soon"?

They've probably got contractors in on day rates to build it.
      "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
      "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by max View Post
        Do they do business banking?
        http://www.northernrock.co.uk/saving...vings-accounts

Comment

Do NOT use Barclays

Steer far clear of Barclays Business Banking. I have been trying to set up my account now for 4 months with no joy. They have gotten so far as to allow me to put money INTO the account, but not withdraw it. And there is nothing special about my account - just a regular ole contractor with a Limited company wanting to do banking.

In addition, their Customer Service is horrendous. They can do absolutely nothing for you when you call except tell you that your Local Business Manager will have to sort it out for you.

I am at my wits end and will be moving accounts as soon as I can.

You are warned.

Comment

Hsbc

I'm with HSBC and have just opened the account...

I have nothing to comment on so far...

Comment

Interesting - I am with Barclays and have not had a single issue.. Swings and roundabouts and all that, I suppose..
              The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Another vote for Abbey. Just moved there, but my wife has had business accounting with them for a few years now.

Just moved from Nationwide BusinessInvestor (been there 10 years) because I wanted a direct debit

Comment

10/10 for Cater Allen from me. Reserve account for day to day and my CT in an Asset 10 account.
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

Avoid Bank fo Scotland - unless you've got time to prepare a business plan and detailed cash flow projections. Even if you don't want any borrowing you need to provide these so that your relationship manager can "assess your requirements".

Comment

Cater Allen
                      Can't fault thyier service.
                      Do find the Debit Card a bit useless though for web based payments.
                      A few of the sites have problems accepting it
                      BT.com, American Express,

But other than that I have found thier services really good. I use the Phone banking and internet banking which seems to work well.
                      threenine.co.uk
                      Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Working...
                      X