• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davley2 View Post
    malvolvio...if i wasn't willing to take advice or suggestions, i wouldn't have posted anything in the first place ok
    OK - here's the heavily edited best bits of advice from the thread to recap:

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I presume you have been through the list of agencies listed with their email information in the 'Agency Directory' listing on this site?
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Go to http://www.jobserve.com/RecruiterDirectory.aspx - there's 378 to get you started.
    Not without a damn good USP it won't....Good luck anyway...
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Your search button looks horrible in safari.
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    You're also not publishing your registered address.
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    It's a legal requirement to have your address on a company website.
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    You need to work on your Joomla skin, the Contact Us link jumps under the Home link when you click on contract in Firefox...

Secondly hire a graphic designer, it looks booooorring,.
    I hope you succeed but you really need to do some risk analysis and CBAs first before you waste too much time and money.

Any fool can build a website, even me. Getting crticial mass in a crowded market with a clear amd totally dominant market leader is the hard part.
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    davley2: Every new product or service that has ever been created that has been a success has offered a major benefit to its potential users that has not been offered by anyone else. Name me one that has not done this.
    Your website offers nothing new apart from the fact that it is "dedicated to contractors". This is a feature not a benefit. As a contractor I can get this benefit by selecting the "contract" option in the "contract/permanent" pop-up menu on jobserve.com
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Go and see BusinessLink and ask them to tell you how to produce a Business Case.
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    The Contact Us link is b0rked and needs fixing and you also need to get a graphic designer to give your site the once over. You will never be taken seriously if you do not have a site that looks like it has been cobbled together in one weekend, you need to project a professional image.

Currently the graphics are boring and generally quite crappy. You may not like the criticism but that doesn't mean it is not true or without value.
    HTH
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

http://www.smart-sites.co.uk/ are responsible for the design. The markup is sloppy, the design is second-rate, but then again, so is the designer's portfolio.

Davely2 - if you're not a troll as the general thread would indicate - you really need to work on this. The site lacks any sticky content for contractors, and it does need re-skinning - I'd definitely re-brand too - the design mark and colour scheme just don't work - whoever put this together lacks basic knowledge in graphic design, colour awareness and web design techniques.

I hope you didn't pay much for this job.

Comment

thx

Thx. i have taken all comments on board and realise there is a lot of work to do. i believe it can work, but alot needs to be addressed

Comment

Working...
        X