• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ir35 - Agency/Client Contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ir35 - Agency/Client Contracts

Hi guys

How IR35 'friendly' do you find most Agency/Client contracts?

Cheers

Depends on the agency.

What's the issue? Is your agency trying to play with you?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Not at all. Always get them checked, you know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Emily View Post
        Hi guys

Cheers
        Don't foregt IR35 is not just about the contract, it's about the working practices as well.

If the WP are IR35 freindly, then the contract should reflect this and be ok.

If they are NOT, and you use an IR35 contract that does not reflect what is happening you could end up in trouble...
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Hi guys

Cheers
          Most of us never see the Client/Agency contract, so can't really answer. However, it depends on the agency, you will find the bigger ones usually have a blanket agreement that provides "staff" nominally "employed" by the "Consultancy" (for which read "Agency pretending to be a resourcing consultancy"), the idea being to protect the client from employment claims by making the contractor look to the client like an employee of the agency.

So in IR35 terms, the few I've seen have been completely off the radar...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I just wondered what you guys thought - I work for an IT Consultancy firm who will at some point be bringing on some Interim Consultants and we want to know how we can make it easier for contractors to work with us. We will be wanting the best guys around as the projects are very valuable to us, so we want to make things as easy as possible for them - and as compliant as possible. All of your views are much appreciated

IR35 is a total minefield!

Comment

I just wondered what you guys thought - I work for an IT Consultancy firm who will at some point be bringing on some Interim Consultants and we want to know how we can make it easier for contractors to work with us. We will be wanting the best guys around as the projects are very valuable to us, so we want to make things as easy as possible for them - and as compliant as possible. All of your views are much appreciated

Simple - go read the PM I just sent you....
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hi guys

Cheers
                Think wolf dressed as Red Riding Hood.

Comment

I do look rather fetching in red, Denny

Comment

The easiest way, if you can find the right candidates, is to take them on direct. That's what I did for one of my projects, using the PCG direct contract templates.

If you have to use an agency, I'd get a sample contract (client/agency and agency/contract), and get it reviewed by one of the legal companies often advertised here, to make sure it is outside IR35. I'd also enforce a transparent margin policy on the agencies.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X