• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Termination While on Vacation...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fridge View Post
    I may have to change my sig! almost stopped 'smoking'!
    No such thing. Your either a smoker or not.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

HTH
      dont go and spoil the feelgood factor man! I AM TRYING OK?
      Just send me the feelgood stuff. I need it right now.
      sorry Diver I'm off the cigs again

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Agreed. And there are two kinds of smoker. Those that do and those that did. I've been one of the latter for about 3 years now.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

You only fail when you stop trying.

If you keep trying to stop smoking for 30 years, you're doing OK.

If you stop trying to stop, the nicotine won and you die a loser.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            Agreed. And there are two kinds of smoker. Those that do and those that did. I've been one of the latter for about 3 years now.
            I don't agree. My wife smoked for years then gave up about 3 years ago. Now she might take a rare cigarette if we're at a party - like one or two a year - but she's no desire to be a smoker again.
            Personally, I don't think you can consider yourself over addiction to smoking/alcohol until you can approach it again safely.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I don't agree. My wife smoked for years then gave up about 3 years ago. Now she might take a rare cigarette if we're at a party - like one or two a year - but she's no desire to be a smoker again.
              Personally, I don't think you can consider yourself over addiction to smoking/alcohol until you can approach it again safely.
              Hah! The delusion of the addict! If you're still taking the drug, you are still an addict. That's the short and curly of it. Anything else is delusion. Such is the effect of that evil lying bastard: nicotine.

"she's no desire to be a smoker again" - but she is one: she's smoking.

I've no desire to be a smoker either - and after 22 years of trying I finally stopped smoking. But I'm an addict too. Hardly a day goes by without me wanting a fag. Some days it's really bad.

Some days I moan. Some days I swear. Some days I break things. But I'm still fighting it so I'm winning.

It is far, far better your wife smokes socially than every day. She's doing good. It's far, far harder than a non-smoker could ever comprehend.

Comment

Hah! The delusion of the addict! If you're still taking the drug, you are still an addict. That's the short and curly of it. Anything else is delusion. Such is the effect of that evil lying bastard: nicotine.

"she's no desire to be a smoker again" - but she is one: she's smoking.

I've no desire to be a smoker either - and after 22 years of trying I finally stopped smoking. But I'm an addict too. Hardly a day goes by without me wanting a fag. Some days it's really bad.

Some days I moan. Some days I swear. Some days I break things. But I'm still fighting it so I'm winning.

It is far, far better your wife smokes socially than every day. She's doing good. It's far, far harder than a non-smoker could ever comprehend.
                Different strokes for different folks, don't you think?

Comment

Just trying to bring some realism and past experience too it. I deluded myself for years that I could get away with having only social smokes. That proved to definitely not be the case. It's an all or nothing for me. Stick with it but don't jid yourelf that reducing intake stops you from being addicted.

Comment

Originally posted by Xil3 View Post
                    Still waiting on a response from them, but I think they got the message that I'm not willing to play games.
                    At most all they will have got is the message that you claim you are not going to play games. They might get the message that you are not going to play when either the county court summons or winding up order is served.

Comment

You only fail when you stop trying.

If you keep trying to stop smoking for 30 years, you're doing OK.

If you stop trying to stop, the nicotine won and you die a loser.
                      I had my last cigarette on 22nd Dec 1988 - and I still occasionally miss it. Usually on my stressful visits to the general forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X