• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being scammed for a fiver...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being scammed for a fiver...

Contract has just come up for renewal, been here nearly 12 months and the client has got a ceiling of 2% rate increases for any contractor - I'm on 300 a day so the increase from the client is £6.00 a day - the client has told me thats it.

Agent just phoned to say the client would only offer an extra £1.00 per day !!!!

Can't believe that the agent is will to try and scam me for a measly fiver !!

What a w******r !!!
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Originally posted by Bluebird
    Contract has just come up for renewal, been here nearly 12 months and the client has got a ceiling of 2% rate increases for any contractor - I'm on 300 a day so the increase from the client is £6.00 a day - the client has told me thats it.

Agent just phoned to say the client would only offer an extra £1.00 per day !!!!

What a w******r !!!

That's an agent for you....I blame the parents though!!!

Comment

What a w******r !!!
      It's a fiver a day, not a fiver. They'd sell their own grandmothers for that if they hadn't already done so.

Comment

Tell the pimp that the client has made you aware that it is £6 per day. Would the pimp rather you walk and then waste time recruiting a new contractor (loss of pimp income during down-time) and they may even lose the gig. Call his bluff and say that you want the fiver a day and he can have the £1

Comment

What a w******r !!!
          What's their margin?

Get them to cut that slightly to round it to £305 or you'll walk...
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I think the operative word is 'ceiling'. The client may have only offered £1 a day increase and the agent, with the goodness of his heart, is passing on 100% to you. Or maybe it's £2 and he's keeping 50%. Or maybe it's £3 and he's keeping 66%. Or maybe ....
            It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
              . They'd sell their own grandmothers for that if they hadn't already done so.
              With El duder thwere is a ready market
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
                I think the operative word is 'ceiling'. The client may have only offered £1 a day increase and the agent, with the goodness of his heart, is passing on 100% to you. Or maybe it's £2 and he's keeping 50%. Or maybe it's £3 and he's keeping 66%. Or maybe ....
                Good point. Maybe the client offered nothing but the kind-hearted agent is giving you a pound 'because you're worth it'.

Comment

Maybe the £1 is spare after the agent rounded up his take to the nearest 10%.
                  It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
                    no, I've seen the procurement form - it's 2%
                    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                    X