• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Being scammed for a fiver..."

Collapse

• Dr. Nick Riviera
    replied
    If you 've done a good job, play hard ball and go for 10%.
    If you're on a "permie replacement" bi*chslap the pimp to cut their hard-earned margin. And go for 10%.
    Did you see the totals billable on the procurement form?
    Bet it's 4 to 500.

Leave a comment:

• fzbucks
    replied
    Who's the agent?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    If the client is offering 2%, wouldn't that be applied to the amount the client pays i.e. including the agents cut. So their margin would automatically get an extra 2%. Play hard ball and tell them you want the full 6 quid. Or play harder and tell them you want £7.50 or you'll walk. Afterall, their 'hard work' ended once that job was posted on jobserve. They have not done anything to secure your extension, so why should they get their full amount?

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by oraclesmith
    I think the operative word is 'ceiling'. The client may have only offered £1 a day increase and the agent, with the goodness of his heart, is passing on 100% to you. Or maybe it's £2 and he's keeping 50%. Or maybe it's £3 and he's keeping 66%. Or maybe ....
    no, I've seen the procurement form - it's 2%

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Maybe the £1 is spare after the agent rounded up his take to the nearest 10%.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by oraclesmith
    I think the operative word is 'ceiling'. The client may have only offered £1 a day increase and the agent, with the goodness of his heart, is passing on 100% to you. Or maybe it's £2 and he's keeping 50%. Or maybe it's £3 and he's keeping 66%. Or maybe ....
    Good point. Maybe the client offered nothing but the kind-hearted agent is giving you a pound 'because you're worth it'.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    . They'd sell their own grandmothers for that if they hadn't already done so.
    With El duder thwere is a ready market

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluebird
    Contract has just come up for renewal, been here nearly 12 months and the client has got a ceiling of 2% rate increases for any contractor - I'm on 300 a day so the increase from the client is £6.00 a day - the client has told me thats it.

Agent just phoned to say the client would only offer an extra £1.00 per day !!!!

Can't believe that the agent is will to try and scam me for a measly fiver !!

What a w******r !!!
    What's their margin?

Get them to cut that slightly to round it to £305 or you'll walk...

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Tell the pimp that the client has made you aware that it is £6 per day. Would the pimp rather you walk and then waste time recruiting a new contractor (loss of pimp income during down-time) and they may even lose the gig. Call his bluff and say that you want the fiver a day and he can have the £1

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Contract has just come up for renewal, been here nearly 12 months and the client has got a ceiling of 2% rate increases for any contractor - I'm on 300 a day so the increase from the client is £6.00 a day - the client has told me thats it.

Agent just phoned to say the client would only offer an extra £1.00 per day !!!!

What a w******r !!!
    It's a fiver a day, not a fiver. They'd sell their own grandmothers for that if they hadn't already done so.

Leave a comment:

• Let-Me-In
    replied

What a w******r !!!

That's an agent for you....I blame the parents though!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    started a topic Being scammed for a fiver...

Being scammed for a fiver...

What a w******r !!!

Working...
X