• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I terminate my contract agreement due to office bullying?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feck that. When I got fired....sorry I mean "compromise agreemented" out of my last permie job. They called a meeting in which the manager basically said "we want to hold a meeting insert some word> which means you cannot use this in a court of law. Then proceeded to tell me if i didnt leave they would find a reason to sack me."

Shame I had my mobile phone recording sound on the desk. Walked out with a little over £5k, two months pay and walked into contracting the day after

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      Feck that. When I got fired....sorry I mean "compromise agreemented" out of my last permie job. They called a meeting in which the manager basically said "we want to hold a meeting insert some word> which means you cannot use this in a court of law. Then proceeded to tell me if i didnt leave they would find a reason to sack me."

Shame I had my mobile phone recording sound on the desk. Walked out with a little over £5k, two months pay and walked into contracting the day after
      So you blackmailed them.

Comment

Nice one that man!

Amateurs...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
          So you blackmailed them.
          Blackmail is illegal.

Playing the sound clip saying "you know how bad this sounds...shame if this made it onto you tube."

Worked.

Comment

I walked in his office in the end, shut the door and proceeded to tell him that i'm leaving this friday as I disagree with his management style, im not working 4 weeks notice and if he has any problems to say them now.

Funny enough he was nice as pie, i dont understand why he wont bully me but does everyone else, either:

a) he is a closet bender and fancies me
            b) he is aware im a amateur boxer.
            c) he has something up his sleeve.

anyway job done now, im set free this week to start my new contract next week

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport
              I walked in his office in the end, shut the door and proceeded to tell him that i'm leaving this friday as I disagree with his management style, im not working 4 weeks notice and if he has any problems to say them now.

Funny enough he was nice as pie, i dont understand why he wont bully me but does everyone else, either:

a) he is a closet bender and fancies me
              b) he is aware im a amateur boxer.
              c) he has something up his sleeve.

anyway job done now, im set free this week to start my new contract next week

Why won't he bully you? With my amateur pop psychologist hat on, I'd say one or several of:
              a) You stood up to him and he picks on those he sees as weak.
              b) He doesn't want trouble off you in the last week.
              c) There's no point bullying you now as you're leaving and he could more effectively focus his bullying on others.

Well done mate, you're well out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                Why won't he bully you? With my amateur pop psychologist hat on, I'd say one or several of:
                a) You stood up to him and he picks on those he sees as weak.
                b) He doesn't want trouble off you in the last week.
                c) There's no point bullying you now as you're leaving and he could more effectively focus his bullying on others.

Well done mate, you're well out of there.
                Thanks mate, dont get me wrong im not feeling left out because im not being bulled...

either way it doesnt though matter eh, im outta here and into a "professional" outfit next week

Comment

I am 6 foot 1 and weigh 18 stone. Oh, and I am a double-hard bastard. If you want, I can call around and kick him in the stomach until his arse bleeds. For a fee, of course.

Would that come under IR35?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                    Just do what I do.

Be a bigger bully and smack the mouthy git.

Thats how my last job ended....
                    Yep, lay him out cold in front of everyone...that outta do it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaeney
                      I am 6 foot 1 and weigh 18 stone. Oh, and I am a double-hard bastard. If you want, I can call around and kick him in the stomach until his arse bleeds. For a fee, of course.

Would that come under IR35?
                      mmm, not to sure - you'd fail on client direction, although as long as you have right of substitution if your bottle goes you'll be fine
                      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                      X