• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

end of contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

end of contract

this is my first post - please be nice!

i'm currently with computer people on site with a lovely non-ir35 compliant contract that runs out tomorrow - other than hearing from them on monday and a promise that someone will get back to me to renew my contract i've heard nothing from them

both me and the client want to carry on working together but what do i do just wait for computer people to sort the contracts out or can i just go direct if they don't approach me again?

Call the CP office and speak to one of the senior managers. Explain to him what has happened and that you & the client are unhappy with CP and will be forced into using another agency due to the unprofessionalism of CP.

I can't imagine they would want to lose the free money they're getting from your commission.

Comment

Cp

Contact CP they will sort it for you. Who do you use for your payroll BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by lilfreckles
        Contact CP they will sort it for you. Who do you use for your payroll BTW.
        What is CP? the agency's manager?

Comment

Originally posted by aj1977
          What is CP? the agency's manager?
          Thud thud thud.....

Computer People. It's an acronym - or is it an abbreviation. Anyway, general advice for the future - CP are the spawn of the Devil and should not be used by any right-thinking contractor, for any one of a dozen good reasons. If you can persuade teh client to lose them in favour of a direct gig or any other agency (outside the S3 group of course) then go for it.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
            Thud thud thud.....

Computer People. It's an acronym - or is it an abbreviation. Anyway, general advice for the future - CP are the spawn of the Devil and should not be used by any right-thinking contractor, for any one of a dozen good reasons. If you can persuade teh client to lose them in favour of a direct gig or any other agency (outside the S3 group of course) then go for it.
            CP=Ajilon Group? CF=S3..And like Malvolio says avoid S3 at all costs!

Comment

Working...
            X