• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Idiot pimps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiot pimps

Just had a call from a Pimp wanting to know if I was interested in a role at my current client, on my current site, for £50/day less than I am on now. FFS, it's on my fecking CV, read it before calling me you tosser.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB
    Just had a call from a Pimp wanting to know if I was interested in a role at my current client, on my current site, for £50/day less than I am on now. FFS, it's on my fecking CV, read it before calling me you tosser.
    They are obviously about to bin for some breach of contract
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

The agent prob saw ur CV, thought 'Great, I can pimp this client' and then went off in search of a CV that had the right skillset (like yours) and then picked out ur CV again, not realising it was the same one.

After all, they're pimps, can't be expected to be vert smart eh.

Comment

Do they ever read them
        All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

This has happened to me two days on the trot by the same pimp and he even got my name wrong on the 2nd call dumb f^&k

Comment

Originally posted by weboo
            This has happened to me two days on the trot by the same pimp and he even got my name wrong on the 2nd call dumb f^&k
            Name and shame!

Comment

Originally posted by weboo
              Yeah don't be shy name and shame
              mmmmm stella

Comment

i started a new contract a month ago, and 2 weeks into it i had a guy callup from the same agency offering me an interview on another contract..

when i told him that his collegue had set me up with a contract already, he sounded very embarrased indeed...

Comment

I had a consultancy phone me up yesterday, desperate for me to do a piece of work for three days next week. 1500 quid and full expenses to go up North(6 hour round trip). He knows I am on a contract, but was desperate and I had been to this client before.

So I said I was on contract and three days would be hard but I will see what I can do. Anyway I was going to do it so phoned my boss who's on holiday to let him know.

Just after the call to my boss the agent at the consultancy phoned me up to say, the client only needs you for one day for 500 quid and so can you go up and back in the same day!!

No. Was my reply. Now you have turned what was a good little three day earner into a 6 hour + a full day round trip waste of my time.

and he thought he was being clever.....

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

by "boss" I presume you mean your "end client contact" ?
                    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                    X