• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An entertaining rant from across the pond.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An entertaining rant from across the pond.

https://matt.sh/panic-at-the-job-market

I'm not unemployed, I haven't got time to read this tulipe

Comment

"What counts as risk assets avoided during high interest rate periods? Well, funding companies with uncertain futures is a pretty risky asset. So, at times of high interest rates, the weaker companies collapse, strong companies use high interest rates as an excuse to “clean house” every 10 years, then a couple hundred thousand previously high compensation workers discover there are no jobs for anybody anymore over the next 2-4 years."

Not sure how quickly this is reversed, but the graph in the article shows job postings growing at some point when interest rates were already uber low. So I'd venture a guess and say unless rates go down and stay down, not much movement will happen and companies will just carry on as they are.

Comment

Thanks for the link. This guy is spot on!

Comment

I got to "gubbment" and stopped reading. Not surprised that BigDataPro thinks its great.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X