• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SoW for INSIDE IR35 contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoW for INSIDE IR35 contract

I have been offered an inside IR35 contract that has a statement of work with a set deliverables and milestones. I’ve never seen this for an inside contract before. Thoughts? Has anyone else had an inside contract with a statement of work?

No i’ve not had one for an inside gig as yet. I would not necessarily see this as a negative however, having defined deliverables documented shields you from the usual “ooh could you just pick up this other project” type stuff which is expected of permies leaving them over worked and ineffective. Out of interest, on what basis have they deemed the role to be inside?

Comment

It is atypical, but you should bear in mind that some companies really want a B2B relationship but are not willing to risk an outside IR35 determination. Having defined deliverables is a good thing, nothing wrong with that. Being inside IR35 obviously isn’t, but it would be hard to fight retrospectively, even if the reality of the WPs are outside. So take it as inside with the bonus of a clear statement of work.

Comment

You have to remember the only real difference between an inside and outside gig is the way it's treated for tax. Yes there maybe some IR35 pillars ignored like you can't substitute and they want to control you but it's still a contract for a temporary resource at the end of the day. The requirement will be the same, the work done the same, the end result delivered the same etc.

The way the tax is treated make no difference on the work that needs to be done. Don't be drawn in by people saying it's pseudo permie and all that. It's not. For all intents and purposes it's a contract with the tax handled differently.

But a contractor should know this it is their career afterall.....
        Last edited by northernladuk; 3 July 2024, 16:24.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon View Post
          I have been offered an inside IR35 contract that has a statement of work with a set deliverables and milestones. I’ve never seen this for an inside contract before. Thoughts? Has anyone else had an inside contract with a statement of work?
          Nope, never had an SOW for an inside contract.

Having said that, as long as I’ll be paid a day-rate based on a time sheet and pay isn’t contingent on delivering a specific outcome or reaching a milestone, it wouldn’t bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon View Post
            Yep, see my post from last month. I even have a fully outside contract. When I queried all I got was "that's the way it is and if you don't want the two month extension you are free to leave.
            Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Is payment linked to Milestones / Deliverables?

In my view an employee should not be expected to take commercial risk, so if payment is contingent on deliverables I'd not consider that acceptable.

So that for anything other than 'outside' if the client expects supply side risk to be taken, the client needs a business supplier, not a 'worker'.
              Last edited by Protagoras; 9 July 2024, 01:10.

Comment

Working...
              X