• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Demand for AI "Surging"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post

I can conceptually understand how it can derive Unit Tests if it has access to code but if you move further up the V towards things like System and User Acceptance testing then it needs human input. In fact it would require humans who actually know what they want which can be a bit of a rarity in software development at times!
    Tell me about - our product owner is a waste of space.

But maybe... maybe AI would have more of an idea than him? If I click a menu item in an application I would expect something to open that corresponds with what that menu item says it does. An example, I click File -> Open, I would expect some kind of file chooser dialog box to appear. An AI trained to test applications might also have similar "intuitive" expectations of how things should work. So a bit like when you put an application in front of a completely green user and ask them to try it out and let you know what isn't working or does not seem obvious, this kind of task does seem amenable to exploration by AI.

But I agree, AI becomes useful when you have a human-in-the-loop who is in charge, and AI doing the donkey work, but also being smart about it and not completely screwing it up.

Comment

Working...
    X