• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What can recruiters see in Linkedin?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can recruiters see in Linkedin?

I wonder what recruiters can see from you in Linkedin? can they see the list of your applications, for example? my guess was always that no. But having received offers for a premium on linkedin where i can check how i compare with others candidates, which i think it is unfair the least, wonder if they have similar unfair services for a premium in the other side...

How is premium unfair? You're paying for more intel to help you nail a job. You don't get the nitty gritty on other applicants, just some basic stats about how the skills on your profile compare. You get statements like 'other candidates have skill X' or 'you would be one of the top 10% of applicants'.

No idea what recruiters can see.

EDIT: that said, I only turn on Premium when I'm looking for work as it allows you to spam people who are not part of your network. It's a waste of money when I'm in a role for the foreseeable.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      How is premium unfair? You're paying for more intel to help you nail a job. You don't get the nitty gritty on other applicants, just some basic stats about how the skills on your profile compare. You get statements like 'other candidates have skill X' or 'you would be one of the top 10% of applicants'.

No idea what recruiters can see.

EDIT: that said, I only turn on Premium when I'm looking for work as it allows you to spam people who are not part of your network. It's a waste of money when I'm in a role for the foreseeable.
      imagine a recruiter you send the CV, and then i send the CV and he tells me what you have put so at least i can beat you in the initial phase. i find it unfair for you (and as well not very fair for the company trying to hire)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I've done this three times when looking for gigs and in the first two it was utterly useless. The third time when the market was dire a few months ago it was occasionally useful to contact a recruiter that had hidden all their contact details in the job ads. Some still didn't bother replying though. Still didn't get value for money from it. I suck my teeth when I have to pay for it but it's one of those necessary evils that might nail it one day. Peanuts really
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by biergarten View Post
          I wonder what recruiters can see from you in Linkedin? can they see the list of your applications, for example? my guess was always that no. But having received offers for a premium on linkedin where i can check how i compare with others candidates, which i think it is unfair the least, wonder if they have similar unfair services for a premium in the other side...
          Wouldn't it be worth finding out before claiming everything is unfair? Nothing makes someone look more daft than moaning about something being unfair and then finding out they've got it all wrong. Makes you look a proper wet lettuce to say the least.

The more I read the more I think they problem is your mindset. You can either sit there and complain or you can jump in, embrace the tool that everyone else is using and use it to your advantage. You know what I am saying, want to be a moaning loser or a go getter winner? Your choice, nothing to do with the tools.

And comparing candidates is unfair? I'm going to sound a bit smug here but it's just facts, I don't really need to compare other candidates but it is interesting to see what I'm up against and have a sanity check every so often. I'm solid in the same role for the last 15 years so don't need to question if I'm suitable but quick check to confirm does no harm. If you are mid table you can use this to re-align your thinking, your application and your CV/skills. Everyone uses data to an advantage, it's often our job to implement these systems for our clients so why not have them for us?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Wouldn't it be worth finding out before claiming everything is unfair? Nothing makes someone look more daft than moaning about something being unfair and then finding out they've got it all wrong. Makes you look a proper wet lettuce to say the least.

The more I read the more I think they problem is your mindset. You can either sit there and complain or you can jump in, embrace the tool that everyone else is using and use it to your advantage. You know what I am saying, want to be a moaning loser or a go getter winner? Your choice, nothing to do with the tools.

And comparing candidates is unfair? I'm going to sound a bit smug here but it's just facts, I don't really need to compare other candidates but it is interesting to see what I'm up against and have a sanity check every so often. I'm solid in the same role for the last 15 years so don't need to question if I'm suitable but quick check to confirm does no harm. If you are mid table you can use this to re-align your thinking, your application and your CV/skills. Everyone uses data to an advantage, it's often our job to implement these systems for our clients so why not have them for us?
            thanks for the response. i am not claiming "everything is unfair". in fact, i've just pointed the actual fact ("pay and we disclose info about other candidates") that i find unfair

Comment

i've just pointed the actual fact ("pay and we disclose info about other candidates") that i find unfair
              What do you find unfair about it?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I always check the profile of recruiters on LinkedIn.

I am typically looking for someone who has changed jobs and careers several times in the past few years and has an extensive history of posting photos of themselves inappropriately dressed at industry event.

Comment

thanks for the response. i am not claiming "everything is unfair". in fact, i've just pointed the actual fact ("pay and we disclose info about other candidates") that i find unfair
                  Ok. It's just the fact you've only written 148 words and 6 of them have been 'fair' which is a very high percentage so that sets the theme of your discussion if you get me.

Comment

imagine a recruiter you send the CV, and then i send the CV and he tells me what you have put so at least i can beat you in the initial phase. i find it unfair for you (and as well not very fair for the company trying to hire)
                    And try that again in English?

Comment

Working...
                    X