• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MS Dynamics 365 CRM Partner / Consultancy Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Dynamics 365 CRM Partner / Consultancy Recommendations

Hi All,

I'm working with a charitable client of mine to help them implement MS Dynamics 365 CRM.

They are an SME and their focus is on using CRM for training provision - taking payments for courses, enquiries and lead generation from interested trainees.

The RFP process is just starting and I'd welcome suggestions from experienced contractors who could recommend any suitable Dynamics 365 CRM consultancies / partners.

There could potentially be some opportunities for independent contractors but the client would be unlikely to go for a small independent contractor / LTD

Welcome any recommendations please
    Thanks

Good luck because I actually can’t think of many that I have worked with and could recommend because it depends way more on the people you get rather than the company (current end client has Avanade in and oh boy they are rubbish).

ANS have decent people, Cloud9 have some as well

but you best plan is to go to Microsoft and get their recommendations based on what you want because you will save £0,000s if the company has done it before and knows how to do what you need.

Edit - Praqmatiq may have decent people - the ones I knew there have left though.
    Last edited by eek; 21 August 2023, 10:53.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

if they don't already have a partner are they sure Dynamics is the answer?
      It's a BIG BIG BIG ERP package. Like SAP but will fewer people who understand it.
      If it's just a CRM they need perhaps Salesforce is gonna be a lot simpler/cheaper?

This needs requirements gathering and a solution architecture before choosing a product IMO.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        It's a BIG BIG BIG ERP package. Like SAP but will fewer people who understand it.
        If it's just a CRM they need perhaps Salesforce is gonna be a lot simpler/cheaper?

This needs requirements gathering and a solution architecture before choosing a product IMO.
        Dynamics is multiple different things.

On one side there is a baby SAP that does finance, warehousing - which is what you seem to be thinking about

You then have Dynamics Customer Engagement / CRM / PowerApps side of things and that is what the OP is talking about here.

The problem everyone in the industry has is that Dynamics is a name that Microsoft use to sell a number of very different products...

On the upside it does make it very easy to identify which agencies have the first idea what they are asking for skillset wise.
        Last edited by eek; 21 August 2023, 10:50.

Comment

If it is a charity they should go to Microsoft directly and get vastly cost reduced licenses

Comment

Dynamics 365 is three different platforms under the same family name:

The front-office apps, based on the Power Platform and Dataverse
            The back-office ERP apps, based on Azure and X++
            The SMB ERP package Business Central (formerly Nav/Navision), based on AL

Salesforce isn't any simpler and costs about twice as much for fewer features.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              If it is a charity they should go to Microsoft directly and get vastly cost reduced licenses
              They can get that through some partners as well.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post

They can get that through some partners as well.
                Any decent partner will be able to provide the same discounts. In fact a decent partner can even reduce their margin and undercut Microsoft if they desire to do so.

What discounts there are for Dynamics though?

Azure resources don't get any charity discounts. They can get some credits added to the subscription but the resource costs are the same.

M365 gets huge charity/academic/government discounts.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Good luck because I actually can’t think of many that I have worked with and could recommend because it depends way more on the people you get rather than the company (current end client has Avanade in and oh boy they are rubbish).

ANS have decent people, Cloud9 have some as well

but you best plan is to go to Microsoft and get their recommendations based on what you want because you will save £0,000s if the company has done it before and knows how to do what you need.

Edit - Praqmatiq may have decent people - the ones I knew there have left though.
                  I used to work at Avanade as MS Dynamics 365 Developer/Consultant. We were usually chosen above companies like Cap/Accenture/Microsoft if the solution required integration with ClientCo systems such as mainframes etc.

Comment

Any decent partner will be able to provide the same discounts. In fact a decent partner can even reduce their margin and undercut Microsoft if they desire to do so.

What discounts there are for Dynamics though?

Azure resources don't get any charity discounts. They can get some credits added to the subscription but the resource costs are the same.

M365 gets huge charity/academic/government discounts.
                    Microsoft changed licensing a few years back - it's harder than it used to be...

Comment

Working...
                    X