• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will the contract market recover? If so when?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Kids fail the 11+?
    They never took it and to move near one of the very few good grammar schools would require living somewhere we don't want to live with an even bigger mega-mortgage.

Also, they took very difficult entrance exams to get into their very competitive schools.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewG View Post

They never took it and to move near one of the very few good grammar schools would require living somewhere we don't want to live with an even bigger mega-mortgage.

Also, they took very difficult entrance exams to get into their very competitive schools.
      Still £40,000 means you need to earn £60,000 a year before you even start thinking about Food, Mortgage....

Rather you than me.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Still £40,000 means you need to earn £60,000 a year before you even start thinking about Food, Mortgage....

Rather you than me.
        There are ways to make school fees tax deductible.

Comment

40k is lot. At least for me anyway. It is good thing that you are doing well in contracting. Thanks god, I only have 1 kid in no fee public school.

Comment

How do you make school fees tax deductible?

Comment

Originally posted by jatinder View Post
              How do you make school fees tax deductible?
              Well tax friendly. Get the grand parents to set up a business and list the grand kids as shareholders.

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

Well tax friendly. Get the grand parents to set up a business and list the grand kids as shareholders.
                Which is evasion....

HTH
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Rather you than me.
                  Schools, food, transport, mortgage. I need 100k NET to just breath.

Once the kids are out of school, I'll be semi-retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

See it as you want.

I stand by my comment. If you've had decades of good rates combined with lower tax and still NOWADAYS you can't afford to take the going market rate and need the higher rates because you can't pay your mortgage, you're an idiot who lived beyond your means, you're a failure and deserve to get your house repossessed.
                    Just to be clear, you are an absolutely vile human being and horrible person.

Comment

Rather you than me.

Kids in general.

Comment

Working...
                      X