• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ok to leave after 3 month contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are one or both contracts inside or outside IR35?

There's a higher possibility of your mate's consultancy being outside IR35, at least. Are they both remote? I'd do both. Be highly productive and learn to optimise your ways of working. If you can do three or four days on both contracts, happy days. You do need to be good at time management to do two at once, but as modern outside IR35 contracts are deliverables and not T&M, it's possible. Doing this will give you a great war chest and security after the 3 months is up on your renewal and work as security for your mate's consultancy, which is likely to be the gig of the two most likely to causes issues with work and payment, from the limited amount of information you've posted.

If they are both definitively inside IR35 gigs, then look at the maths of both and make your own choice on the validity of performing both gigs. If you have 7 children and find yourself wondering where all the hours and days went, don't try to take on too much. An example of dual project working that works is working on a late stage project while also working on an early stage project. The former ramps up to the usual end of project hell while the latter is usually discovery and research phase, with documents easily created when time allows.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post
      Are one or both contracts inside or outside IR35?

There's a higher possibility of your mate's consultancy being outside IR35, at least.
      Really? What makes you think that. The fact it's his mates contract alone make it less likely to be, not more.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Id say its not all about rates. I started a role and did an interview within 2 months and for a 30% increase, this too with a big four firm. However I chose to stick to my current role not to irritate my client or burn bridges. The higher rate was 3 months with possible extensions and the current role was 6 months and was extended twice. It all depends. Like someone said its not guaranteed to last that long and also it screams red flags offering you £75 more but being a new start up your prob going to lead a team and take on more work.

Comment

No obligation to stay but every chance you are burning the bridge behind, I would be honest, tell them about the other offer but not in any way infer they should match the rate, just leave it out there...

Comment

Working...
          X