• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bristol Parking

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bristol Parking

Anyone know anything about availability of parking in the BTM area?

BTM long stay sounds the obvious choice but £19.50 for > 4 hours not ideal but I may have to suck it up to begin with. Just not sure of availability given that I'll be tipping up around 9.30 - 10 am.

There was also a big warehouse/store near there that used to let you park for a reasonable rate but I think it had to be on a weekly basis - can't for the life of me remember its name though.

Send a private message to Darren_Test as he is our resident parking expert.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Green View View Post
      Anyone know anything about availability of parking in the BTM area?

BTM long stay sounds the obvious choice but £19.50 for > 4 hours not ideal but I may have to suck it up to begin with. Just not sure of availability given that I'll be tipping up around 9.30 - 10 am.

There was also a big warehouse/store near there that used to let you park for a reasonable rate but I think it had to be on a weekly basis - can't for the life of me remember its name though.
      Check the local council.

I hot desk out of Southend. Parking is £1 an hour but they have an app that lets you pay a monthly fee of £8 for 3 hours parking per day in each sector of the town.

I move my car at lunchtime and pay about £2 per day on top of the app fee.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Check the local council.

I hot desk out of Southend. Parking is £1 an hour but they have an app that lets you pay a monthly fee of £8 for 3 hours parking per day in each sector of the town.

I move my car at lunchtime and pay about £2 per day on top of the app fee.
        That might be an option once I've got my feet under the table I guess.

This is the place I was trying to remember https://www.gardinerhaskins.co.uk/br...arking-bristol

£12 slightly better than £19.50

Comment

you could maybe try this https://bfy.tw/TrrD

Don't forget the Bristol clean air zone. £9 a day for an ordinary car.

And this isn't really a business question. It should be in General.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            I disagree.

Outside of IR35 this would have been a legitimate business expense alongside that new camera for your ski trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              you could maybe try this https://bfy.tw/TrrD

Don't forget the Bristol clean air zone. £9 a day for an ordinary car.

Yes, I've already done all that thanks.

Just thought the situation on the ground may be slightly different - especially regarding availability of spaces at the time I'm arriving & somebody here may be familiar with things.

Comment

I disagree.

Outside of IR35 this would have been a legitimate business expense alongside that new camera for your ski trip.
                "can I claim car park expenses" is a business question.
                "pwease help me find a cheap car park cos I can't be bothered to use google" is NOT.

OPs question was the latter. And a search on these forums would show that, as Darren_Test found out, this is not the place to ask for your hand to be held.
                What next? How to find lunch? How do I wipe my arse?

At least "if I use the client's toilet paper am I considered as taking a staff benefit?" is business related if stupid.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by The Green View View Post

Yes, I've already done all that thanks.

Just thought the situation on the ground may be slightly different - especially regarding availability of spaces at the time I'm arriving & somebody here may be familiar with things.
                  if you're turning up at 0930 then there will be far fewer spaces.... HTHBIDI
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I disagree.

It would be if the question was about claiming expenses. It isn't. It's just about where to park which was Lance's point.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X