• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bounce Back Loan Update - officially cancelled

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bounce Back Loan Update - officially cancelled

Hi - my journey with the bounce back loan has been long but finally my bank has claimed off the governemt guarantee and ltd company is now fully dissolved. For those interested this is what happened and the sequence of events i used to finally get the loan written off.

1. BBL of 50k was taken out in 2021 due to covid. My LTD company had previous turnover of 220k so this was a legitimate amount.

2. due to covid the company ran out of funds. none of the loan was used for personal use but only business expenses. had a lot of suppliers who couldnt pay so that was that.

3. the company had zero funds, so couldnt afford an insolvency practioner, so we filed a DS01 form at companies house to get the company dissolved. At the same time we wrote to our bank and HMRC with full details of what happened to the business, how there were no funds etc and hence why we were dissolving company

4. our bank objected so companies house put our company to "strilke off pending" status. our bank then sent our details to a debt collector

5. we did not ignore the debt collector but provided them with all the details. eventually the debt collector, sent our case back to the lender, i.e they decided not to pursue it any further.

6. we wrote to our lenders again, providing all the evidence. at that point we called them every 2 weeks and asked if they needed any more info. We only used the loan for business expenses and not salary. we did not use the loan for any personal use. if you did, then that would break the terms of the loan.

7. after a very long wait, 2 weeks ago, we got a letter stating our lender would claim off the government guarantee. we checked companies house, and our company was dissolved.

the lesson we learnt, is make sure you send all copies of the letter to HMRC, your bank and anyone else. keep on sending these letters, phone them up and ask if they need anything else.

the banks and debt collectors were surprisingly very understanding and friendly. they wanted to resolved the case as much as we did.

the debt collector was Wescot if anyone is interested. Very professional guys.

My advice to anyone worried about their BBL, is dont have your head in the sand. the banks are willing to write these off, but you need to be pro-active, fight your case and send them all the info in a well written format.

Wow, your company ran out of funds within weeks of getting the bounce back loan - you must have been really bad at managing your finances.
    I’m basing that on when you posted your original thread telling us how to get a loan, close your company and then blame HMRC for mis-selling - which was in July 2021, but in this thread you say you only took the loan out in 2021.

Sounds like you’re not telling the whole truth, but are trying to boast about getting away with it.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lots of suppliers? So you aren't a standard contracting company then?

My advice to anyone worried about their BBL, is dont have your head in the sand. the banks are willing to write these off, but you need to be pro-active, fight your case and send them all the info in a well written format.
      Who is worried about BBL now? We should be rolling in it now there is plenty of work about surely?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Wow, your company ran out of funds within weeks of getting the bounce back loan - you must have been really bad at managing your finances.
        I’m basing that on when you posted your original thread telling us how to get a loan, close your company and then blame HMRC for mis-selling - which was in July 2021, but in this thread you say you only took the loan out in 2021.

Sounds like you’re not telling the whole truth, but are trying to boast about getting away with it.
        Ohhh it's that guy. The miss-selling scandal one? Surely having a 50k loan, spending it and have it written of without having to pay it back is a bloody good deal, not a misselling scandal? I thought with case of misselling you are out of pocket, not getting 50k for free?

His thread in July 2021 said he'd already had it written off so this is two year old news.

Point of this thread is? Connected to Wescot maybe?
        Last edited by northernladuk; 27 January 2023, 01:21.

Comment

Originally posted by zeus tiktak View Post
          Hi - my journey with the bounce back loan has been long but finally my bank has claimed off the governemt guarantee and ltd company is now fully dissolved. For those interested this is what happened and the sequence of events i used to finally get the loan written off.

1. BBL of 50k was taken out in 2021 due to covid. My LTD company had previous turnover of 220k so this was a legitimate amount.

2. due to covid the company ran out of funds. none of the loan was used for personal use but only business expenses. had a lot of suppliers who couldnt pay so that was that.

3. the company had zero funds, so couldnt afford an insolvency practioner, so we filed a DS01 form at companies house to get the company dissolved. At the same time we wrote to our bank and HMRC with full details of what happened to the business, how there were no funds etc and hence why we were dissolving company

4. our bank objected so companies house put our company to "strilke off pending" status. our bank then sent our details to a debt collector

5. we did not ignore the debt collector but provided them with all the details. eventually the debt collector, sent our case back to the lender, i.e they decided not to pursue it any further.

6. we wrote to our lenders again, providing all the evidence. at that point we called them every 2 weeks and asked if they needed any more info. We only used the loan for business expenses and not salary. we did not use the loan for any personal use. if you did, then that would break the terms of the loan.

7. after a very long wait, 2 weeks ago, we got a letter stating our lender would claim off the government guarantee. we checked companies house, and our company was dissolved.

the lesson we learnt, is make sure you send all copies of the letter to HMRC, your bank and anyone else. keep on sending these letters, phone them up and ask if they need anything else.

the banks and debt collectors were surprisingly very understanding and friendly. they wanted to resolved the case as much as we did.

the debt collector was Wescot if anyone is interested. Very professional guys.

It was close for my Ltd but I'm so glad I didn't go down this route and managed to save my company. I can now hold my head high, knowing I can honour the BBL and will settle well within the loans term.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I can't find any other posts by this user, perhaps they've inadvertently been deleted since you posted your reply?

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post

I can't find any other posts by this user, perhaps they've inadvertently been deleted since you posted your reply?
              Pick on their name you will see their posting history. At the top right there is a filter and down arrow. Pick that and select all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...g-scandal.html

(Note that his original post in that thread has been mod edited, but the mods can still see the original)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just to add yes in the letters to HMRC, companies house and bank, i always stated that i felt these loans were mis sold. but at the same time gave all the evidence to show how the loan was used, and even after taking the loan, it wasnt enough to save the company. Thankfully its all over now.

Comment

Originally posted by zeus tiktak View Post
                    Just to add yes in the letters to HMRC, companies house and bank, i always stated that i felt these loans were mis sold. but at the same time gave all the evidence to show how the loan was used, and even after taking the loan, it wasnt enough to save the company. Thankfully its all over now.
                    Yet you benefited greatly from it. Enough to revive the topic 2 years after it all ended and is hardly relevant any more. But thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X