• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Super-commuting between Rotterdam and London

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I judge you for the last thing you did, not the first thing. And you decided to come in here and insult me when the thread was doing just fine. You and only you have made this thread a pile of crap. I will judge you for that, all the bullying you did to me over the years on here, and all my colleagues you bullied in the banking sector who stopped using this forum, not a couple of nice messages you posted in the middle of it all because maybe something good happened to you IRL that day.
    Because I was hacked of I was trying to help with the google thing and just got some santimonious claptrap from you. Might be the truth and what you think but never the less I did try.

But while I was just sat down having dinner, I realised what the real problem is here. You and the rest of the clique accuse me of various things such as humblebragging, waving my willy, thinking I'm smarter, having a big ego/head, etc. And literally all I did was state my situation and include some figures that I thought were standard figures that people here are used to and probably earn more. I personally thought all the long-timers on here were on crazy rates like £1200/day or more. Then GregRickshaw keeps banging on about how I have high rates, and eek calls my position "fortunate". This is honestly not what I thought, and it still isn't. When I first joined this forum back in 2012, I was on £500/day. I thought it was high, but then I found that most people back then on this forum were earning much more.
    Maybe you think that's all you did but it did come across as a bit, I dunno, self indulgent I guess? The fact you were ripped in to by what, 5 or 6 posts, some of them inc Mods and regular and respected posters might give you a clue. You did what you think was right but I can tell you it didn't read very well. Dunno why, dunno who's right or wrong but the facts are there to see. Something you put wound 5 or 6 generally very helpful and respected posters up. Take from that what you will.
    but I haven't seen this level of forum toxicity since mIRC in the 90s
    You've not been on mumsnet recently I assume. Makes us look look kind and gentle.
    Just to be clear, the above is pretty much exactly what I said that got my other profile banned, but I say it completely sincerely, and to inform and advise. It's based on both my own observations, and hearsay from other contractors. If this forum is to survive, then something needs to be done, otherwise it will be completely dead in 3-5 years, and I think even you would have a hard time remaining active when the views of topics go into the tens. 10 years ago, topics routinely achieved hundreds of thousands of views. 5 years ago, this became tens of thousands. 2 years ago, it became thousands. Now, it's mostly in the hundreds, thousands if you're lucky. At that rate of descent, in 3 years, view are likely to be in the tens. That's not really a forum, but an exclusive group.
    You know, there could be a lot of truth in that for sure but it is what it is. That said we've had people throwing their teddy out of the cot every 5 years saying the same and it's still here so who knows. While there are contractors out there not willing to put any effort in to running their company, understanding what they are and IR35 stays around there will always be enough people to keep it going.
    I offered my expertise to Anthony for free to help boost this forum. I own a blockchain business comprising of a Telegram group and Discord Server that has a very positive and vibrant community, and has a lot of activity. I speak at blockchain conventions regularly , and I was invited to a Twitter Spaces session at 1pm tomorrow to speak about blockchain . I know how to promote through social media. I built a blockchain business last year that achieved $90m undiluted market cap. I know how to use Twitter and Discord and Reddit and TikTok and other platforms to promote a business, all the things CUK is simply not doing, and if it did, CUK could become huge, especially if it capitalises on crypto and tokenises itself perhaps.
    But there you go. What you offer Anthony is none of the business on here yet you are lording it about your dealings with him for absolutely no reason. We don't care and neither are we impressed. That's business between you and him and to go on about it as you have above doesn't really help your case.

But it's interesting you wrote that others "ripped into me" on the thread that got me banned. Do you see what you wrote there? So, why TF did I get banned if you (a clique member here) admits that I'm the one who was being attacked by everyone!???
    Dunno, modding can be very interesting here I'll give you that, but as I say, you wound up a good number of people for one reason or another. The people that posted are only the ones that could be bothered to reply as well don't forget. You made enough of an impression to have a paradoy thread posted in General. Usually when one person winds up so many others the problem rarely lies with all the others. Just saying like.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 15 October 2022, 14:58.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But what we really need to calm this thread down and increase traffic to the CUK is a picture of the beautiful Salma Hayek. As I am ever helpful here is on. Enjoy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Salma-Hayek.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	4235968
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonP View Post

Not selective. I remember we were getting on well (along with jamesbrown IIRC), and you even suggested I join the Xmas do... then all of a sudden, WTFH banned me and deleted all evidence of us getting on to support their own agenda. ...

But instead of listening to me, I was banned by WTFH instead because they care more about their agenda and hiding evidence. What can a guy do? ?‍♂️
        You're going to get banned again. I have not "deleted all evidence", I have removed it from public view, while we investigate your claims/threats/accusations, and review your post history. You complain about lack of anonymity, then post videos to show how important you are - where it's got your real name right there on them.

Your desire to make false accusations against me, and ask for my removal as a mod, and then trying to bribe me says a lot about you.

This thread is closed.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
        X