• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 scrapped ... is this for real?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Most? I thought I was doing a little better than not right in most.. Close to be fair but I was hoping for a bit better than that.
    Yes you're doing fine job ....generating ad revenue for CUK

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post

You keep mentioning that reputation0 (like third time?) as if it meant anything to anyone apart from yourself.

You should spend less time collecting internet points and, like, play with your kids or do something meaningful in life, perphaps? Take it as you want
      Completely agree with this. northernladuk is one of the reasons I don't post much on here (member since 2012), and barely have done for years, which I know from fellow contractors is why they also don't. This is undoubtedly one of the reasons Contractor UK Limited's financial performance (according to CH) has only gone down over the years, because the mods allow such behaviour rather than maintaining a courteous community, which clearly deters most people from wanting to use the site given the many other options there now are.

Granted northernladuk is a king around here, but not sure what value that has to his life other than tribalistically feeling part of a pretend bunch of friends. But that's his prerogative and his time (which is clearly a lot judging from the amount of posting). I've used similar amounts of time over the years to add value to my family's life. But maybe it's what he wants. Online validation. Or maybe it just gets to a point where one can't let go of a dead horse once you've flogged it so much.

I'm rep0 on here, but has it affected me IRL? Hardly. But on here I'm a "bellend" apparently.

Cue defensive reply from northernladuk.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
        I'm rep0 on here, but has it affected me IRL? Hardly. But on here I'm a "bellend" apparently.

Cue defensive reply from northernladuk.
        You are not

Neo

Should post faster
        Neo doesn't make much sense
        You've got a long way to go before rep0 so will be treated with courtesy and respect until such times you've said enough stupid things to get you to the bottom.

I'm obviously known for a lot but defensive replies isn't one of them is it?

And as you've seen in your other thread it's not just me. Thank your lucky stars Bolshiebastard or Malvolio didn't get in on your thread
        Last edited by northernladuk; 28 September 2022, 22:49.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm obviously known for a lot but defensive replies isn't one of them is it?
          Well...

And as you've seen in your other thread it's not just me.
          ...is a tad defensive.

No, it's not just you, which is why I said you're "one of the reasons". But it's no wonder this forum is barely used compared to years ago, and your username has always cropped up IRL whenever the toxic culture of this forum has come up in conversation over the years with fellow contractors around the Wharf. You're quite famous in the banking contracting scene, but not necessarily in a good way. Let's hope your real persona is never connected with your online one.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
            ...is a tad defensive.
            It's a fact.

You're quite famous in the banking contracting scene, but not necessarily in a good way. Let's hope your real persona is never connected with your online one
            That's true and a bed I've made for myself for sure. If any of them have ever learnt something or my post has actually helped them despite my posting style then I can live with my rep. But to be fair if they are the type that is going to judge me from internet presence over my real life persona and skills then I'm probably not going to get on with them anyway.

I'm sure my karma will catch up with me one day which will please my anti-fan base no end but that's life.

BTW, come to an Xmas do with us. Some of the grumpiest of us go and they are absolute class bunch. The mod that locked your thread is a top bloke. The mod that ,lucky for you, didn't get to your thread first is just a gem. And there is LM as well I guess. Nothing like their internet personas...

Anyway, back on topic please.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 28 September 2022, 23:14.

Comment

It's a fact.

That's true and a bed I've made for myself for sure. If any of them have ever learnt something or my post has actually helped them despite my posting style then I can live with my rep. But to be fair if they are the type that is going to judge me from internet presence over my real life persona and skills then I'm probably not going to get on with them anyway.

I'm sure my karma will catch up with me one day which will please my anti-fan base no end but that's life.

BTW, come to an Xmas do with us. Some of the grumpiest of us go and they are absolute class bunch. The mod that locked your thread is a top bloke. The mod that ,lucky for you, didn't get to your thread first is just a gem. And there is LM as well I guess. Nothing like their internet personas...

Anyway, back on topic please.
              Oi! I was just about to say something nice about you until you said that.

Comment

Hmmm...

Look at this way. If you can't take criticism or blunt comments on a question that several of us have experienced, seen, answered and defended many times over the years, then that's not our problem, it's yours. We work in a tough environment (in my case for well over 20 years), sometimes we over-react and while we try to be reasonably polite, we aren't here to hold hands and be sweetness and light. Most of the bad-tempered exchanges, this being one example, are people bitching about the nature of the answer rather than the content.

Our other, slightly more hidden agenda, is to test that you aren't simply being lazy (or trolling, which we hate) but have genuinely tried to work out the answer and can't. That happens, some apparently simple things can be quite difficult to understand.

Don't shoot the messengers, they are genuinely only trying to help.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Oi! I was just about to say something nice about you until you said that.

Comment

I would add a note of caution that if the whole budget ends up being pulled due to non-IR35 reasons the rollback might not happen.

Comment

question not sure if related to this post, if you could help

I've been working only on outside contracts in last years, having a monthly salary paid by my limited company continuously (being on a contract or no contract for months)

Now I received an offer on an inside contract on good rate which I am willing to start. Not sure if I will have two employments - one from my limited which is still paying my salary and umbrella. Can I still contracting on my limited while working through umbrella ? I haven't received the contract, still at the offer stage (not willing to accept any restrictions but not sure how the umbrella part works)

Comment

Working...
                      X