• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting through UK Ltd company for Netherlands company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting through UK Ltd company for Netherlands company

Hi,

I have recently secured a IT contract (albeit not yet signed) with a company in the Netherlands. Ideally the client would like me to work onsite in the Netherlands and I will commute there most weeks from the UK (around 3 days per week). However I realise this now might be an issue due to Brexit and I may need to propose a more hybrid way of working (i.e. remote with occasional travel). Additionally I want to ensure I am complying with all tax rules. Does anyone know where I can get the relevant professional advise before signing anything?

Thanks

There is a lady called Sue who works for iPaye. She posts here on occasion.
    do a search as you’re not the first to ask.

what you don’t say is there you have right work in the EU. the fact you are concerned about Brexit suggests that you aren’t.
    if you are British, and have no other EU country citizenship or passport, then you have no right to work. I’m amazed a company is even talking to you if that is true.
    you can get away with occasional meetings. But no way every week, to do actual work, as a Brit.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Sue B One for you.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UKfrelancer View Post
        Hi,

I have recently secured a IT contract (albeit not yet signed) with a company in the Netherlands. Ideally the client would like me to work onsite in the Netherlands and I will commute there most weeks from the UK (around 3 days per week). However I realise this now might be an issue due to Brexit and I may need to propose a more hybrid way of working (i.e. remote with occasional travel). Additionally I want to ensure I am complying with all tax rules. Does anyone know where I can get the relevant professional advise before signing anything?

Thanks
        Thanks for your reply. Yes I am British and sadly have no right to work in the EU since Brexit. Thankfully I've not signed anything and will seek some professional advise or just seek alternative opportunities. I've been approached for this work from a previous work colleague from the Netherlands and I expect they don't appreciate the limitations now we have exited the the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Sue B One for you.
          Thanks. Hopefully Sue will supply some wisdom to this situation.

From what i have read online I would definitely need a work visa to proceed with this and the end client would need to request this as I cannot sponsor a visa from my own limited company. Additionally I believe tax would be paid from day 1 in the Netherlands. So perhaps this isn't really viable under the current onsite expectations of the end client?

Does anyone know if the situation is different if I am working remote with very occasional travel?

Comment

Hello, happy to help if I can, if you want drop me a dm with your phone number would be happy to have a chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              There is a lady called Sue who works for iPaye. She posts here on occasion.
              do a search as you’re not the first to ask.
              Not worked there for 2 years, but still happy to chat international employment where I can!

Comment

Originally posted by Sue B View Post
                Hello, happy to help if I can, if you want drop me a dm with your phone number would be happy to have a chat.
                He's only got 3 posts so not sure he can send a PM. Mods, could you allow with so few posts?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thank NL I keep doing that but it’s ok have spoken to OP this morning

Comment

Working...
                  X