• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella signing contract on my behalf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    Since taking my first inside gig and working through my current agent I have never received or signed a contract renewal - the agent informs me that the umbrella signs this on my behalf.

I have searched the site but can't find any examples of this.

Is this standard - how can I be held liable for a contract I haven't even seen let alone signed.
    That wasn’t how it worked for me when I did an umbrella contract recently. I didn’t care about what the umbrella had signed with the agency/client, the umbrella (parasol) still needed me to agree and sign to the assignment terms (which contained dates, description of role, rate, location of services, notice period, etc). If I didn’t like anything (e.g. location not being 100% remote) then this was negotiated like any other contract. I’d not have been happy if they’d fobbed me off with something about having “signed on my behalf”. If that was the case then I’d guess you’d be tied to their (the umbrella’s) standard employment contract you signed, which in my case had a weeks notice (and pretty sure it said I didn’t have to take on any assignments I hadn’t agreed to or similar).

Comment

Working...
    X