• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working from European country on UK contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post

you are not comparing the same things.
    the umbrella taxes personal income and the remainder is yours to spend. all done. You keep 55%.

when you pay corporation tax ( no such thing as corporate income tax), it’s still the company’s money. To get out you need to take income and pay more tax on that.
    JUst remainder corp money behaves like your money, you can buy flat, house etc. even pay your food, its just inconvenient for small purchases because you need to take evidence. And most of my life I am hoarding cash there are no so big spendings I cant cover from personal conto. So I don't see here much point. You are double taxed only when you transfer from company to personal account. And who would do that?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Stop calling me "mate", I am not your "mate".

This is a 0.1% scenario as everyone in this thread has pointed out. UK agents will not, on the whole, work with overseas contractors and vice versa. As someone who mainly works with overseas clients, I know a few things about working with overseas clients. I have never had an overseas client via an agency, it just doesn't happen, partly because of the type of work they deal with, which is more about resourcing projects with people (i.e., people and locations matter from the start), not about finding suppliers to deliver products or services (i.e., people and locations generally don't matter, except when there is a compliance angle).
      I have found that aforementioned agency has office even in EU and some work for EU based people in whenever state. It seems viable consensus here to just look for contract EU, they should let me using my domicile company.

Comment

Originally posted by lackorol View Post

JUst remainder corp money behaves like your money, you can buy flat, house etc. even pay your food, its just inconvenient for small purchases because you need to take evidence. And most of my life I am hoarding cash there are no so big spendings I cant cover from personal conto. So I don't see here much point. You are double taxed only when you transfer from company to personal account. And who would do that?
        Are you drunk?
        or just trolling?
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Are you drunk?
          or just trolling?
          Said someone who is buying bread and butter with company bank account and he is desperate to pay dividends tax. Yeah ? company money are not yours money so every entrepreneur is establishing corp just for sake of good feeling he just likes buying ******* material or manage employees and as you stated he cant do anything else with money except be double taxed lol. Clever so I am not going establish company because its in my country more efficient with higher rate income I will leverage trade license or doing business as because there is no point in company because its separate entity so you are earning for aliens or what

Comment

Are you drunk?
            or just trolling?
            I'd say just ignorant

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

UK employment income is covered by the double taxation treaty but if you are actually working in the Czech Republic it isn't UK employment income and therefore the Czech tax authorities will demand tax in the Czech Republic.
              Yes, and you claim tax back from the UK. But with one I can agree, that it can be problematic if you go via PAYE. PAYE taxes are high everywhere and taxation is complicated. So the only GOOD solution is the LTD way with dividends (registered in the local country). But in that case, I would say something like Bulgaria makes more sense, or to be 100% honest - Dubai with zero taxes (but who will deal with you?). Your local LTD pays you local salary and no issues with taxes.
              Last edited by AndrewK; 14 June 2022, 17:51.

Comment

Working...
              X