• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Abandon principles and take £800 inside IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming i cant find outside work.

I might take as low as £500 a day inside if the work was interesting and/or I was gaining valuable skill i don't have. But only for six months max, not for 12 months. Ok maybe 12 months if the outside rate was £800 and the work was also good.

I would not any take any boring sounding inside contracts, not even at £800 a day. Not unless i had no other options.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 3 June 2022, 09:37.

Comment

Is the OP suggesting that he has a 720 a day outside in the bag at the moment as well as a second job presumably on similar money both in parralel?. So billing like 1440 a day ?

I find this difficult to believe

Comment

Originally posted by ConsultingTechArchitect View Post
        I’m running an outside role along side this one @720/day with a 6 figure war chest so I’m not desperate.

Maybe I can stick to my guns and refuse inside work.

My partner also works her clients under our ltd so even if I stop contributing to revenue for a while, the business is still active.
        From a tax planning point of view, probably cleaner to get another outside contract on a lower rate if necessary.

If it was me, I would take the second gig, salary sacrifice the lot into my SIPP (minus the regulatory minimum), and consider my options again as my annual/ or clawback contribution limits approach.

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
          Is the OP suggesting that he has a 720 a day outside in the bag at the moment as well as a second job presumably on similar money both in parralel?. So billing like 1440 a day ?

I find this difficult to believe
          What’s hard to believe? One outside contract @ 720/day been in progress for a few months and an 800/day inside contract offered to me last week.

im probably going to say no to the inside - if I want to run two together again I need another outside.
          Last edited by ConsultingTechArchitect; 5 June 2022, 13:00.

Comment

Originally posted by ConsultingTechArchitect View Post

What’s hard to believe? One outside contract @ 720/day been in progress for a few months and an 800/day inside contract offered to me last week.

im probably going to say no to the inside - if I want to run two together again I need another outside.
            I run two (sometimes three) simultaneously, and having one Inside means I don't have to touch the company coffers at all re salary or dividends, so it can just accumulate quickly.

It actually works quite well, and my £8k PAYE deductions per month make me feel good that I'm contributing something to society

Comment

Working...
            X