• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Co's Recommendations Please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella Co's Recommendations Please

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me please. I've been contract, Ltd company for years & recent years been Outside IR35, know the ropes & all running fine. However, as all know, Inside IR 35 & Umbrella companies are forced upon us
    Need recommendation for an Umbrella co. Doing due diligence I get the impression they are mostly the same of a bad bunch, also slick on the phone enquiry but how do they pan out in practice ?

My optimum requirement is facility to Salary Sacrifice into my SIPP (NOT their NEST gov pension). Obviously with pension payments being made before PAYE calcs/deductions.
    Also required is a designated personal contact that will answer the phone and return emails promptly.

Anyone have any comments for these Umbrellas: PayStream, SG Umbrella, Bright Sky Contracting. (Clarity sounded good but they don't do SIPP Salary Sacrifice).
    All feedback comments welcome.

Clarity Umbrella but as you say they don't meet your criteria. Apart from that you'll have to browse the Umbrella section of the forum in Accounting Legal and see what people have to say.

There have been a ton of posts from people asking for recommendations from a list given to them exactly as you are so best thing is to use a search for each of the companys to see what has been said.

In google. <umbrella name> site:forums.contractoruk.com

You could try <umbrella name> site:forums.contractoruk.com/umbrella-companies/ but you'll miss anything that's been posted in the wrong part of the forums
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Clarity Umbrella but as you say they don't meet your criteria. Apart from that you'll have to browse the Umbrella section of the forum in Accounting Legal and see what people have to say.

There have been a ton of posts from people asking for recommendations from a list given to them exactly as you are so best thing is to use a search for each of the companys to see what has been said.

In google. site:forums.contractoruk.com

You could try site:forums.contractoruk.com/umbrella-companies/ but you'll miss anything that's been posted in the wrong part of the forums
      FYI there are 2 umbrella companies called Clarity (for reasons).

clarity umbrella is Lucy’s is FCSA registered and does Salary sacrifice.

clarity contractors isn’t Lucy’s and amongst other flaws (including abusing the name of someone else) doesn’t do salary sacrifice
      Last edited by eek; 24 February 2022, 18:36.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

clarity contractors isn’t Lucy’s and amongst other flaws (including abusing the name of someone else) doesn’t do salary sacrifice
        Interesting. I'll take a bit more care if that is the case. Thanks.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

In google. site:forums.contractoruk.com

You could try site:forums.contractoruk.com/umbrella-companies/ but you'll miss anything that's been posted in the wrong part of the forums
          Great, thanks you for the feedback, I'll follow up

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Thanks for the feedback, good tip on the 2 nearly same names but different company, pretty naughty eh ? What a slip up that would be !!!

Comment

I'm with NASA umbrella for two years and can recommend them. They'll let you pay in your own SIPP.

I don't have a dedicated agent with them, but they're fairly responsive, always respond to emails the next day.

Comment

Just finished an inside IR35 gig using Brookson. Wouldn't use them again under any circumstances. Not related to their recent data breach issue - but to what I saw as utterly incompetent handling of my very simple payroll... And the impossible task of contacting them to correct said issues.

So I can't recommend any Umbrella, but I can recommend you don't go with Brookson.

Comment

I have been with Paystream for a year and have had no problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X