• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New new new!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New new new!

New contract, new agency... telling me which Umbrella companies I can use. I want to use the one I'm with, very happy, FCSA accredited. All good.

Thoughts? Should I hold my ground or shift Umbrella company? Does this happen a lot?

Which umbrella are you currently with?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Which umbrella are you currently with?
      Clarity

Comment

Originally posted by IsayIsayIsay View Post
        New contract, new agency... telling me which Umbrella companies I can use. I want to use the one I'm with, very happy, FCSA accredited. All good.

Thoughts? Should I hold my ground or shift Umbrella company? Does this happen a lot?
        Speak to Lucy - see what she can say to the agency as it may be one of the 200 or so agencies she already deals with.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Speak to Lucy - see what she can say to the agency as it may be one of the 200 or so agencies she already deals with.
          Good shout, thanks.

Comment

My spider senses are tingling on this one, not getting a good feeling!

Comment

What options are the agency offering?
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Remember there is an Umbrella section for Umbrella questions. It's under the Accounting section as brollys is really an accounting type question.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IsayIsayIsay View Post
                  My spider senses are tingling on this one, not getting a good feeling!
                  Why? It's just business. If you had posted in the Umbrella section you'll see this happens to nearly every one that goes brolly-->agency. Not unreasonable for agencies to have a PSL just like any company. The fact that much of the PSL they have is based on kickbacks isn't unusual in business either.

Speak to Lucy, push back to the point they will bin you then cave in. Don't roll over but don't get yourself binned. Push the issue, negotiate, find the boundaries and then take whatever option you have when all other avenues have been exhausted.

They don't budge, you go with their list and life carries on.

Your next question will no doubt be which do you go from their list. This has been asked loads of times and it's the same big names. Do a google search on each of the names for find feedback on each company rather than just ask the same question again.

In Google type <umbrella name> site:forums.contractoruk.com and you'll find all posts where that co is mentioned.

The above is also useful for every question you have if you are new. We will have been asked anything you can think of at this stage before.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Well today I laid down my conditions and I'm prepared to walk. I didn't come into contracting to be dictated to around terms and conditions of a piece of work (in fact it's the opposite of why I did). We'll see what happens... It feels damn good to be a contractor!

Comment

Working...
                    X