• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Concurrent contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Depends on your contract. 90+ odd percent of people are contracted to log on 9-5 and probably will be unless there is a seismic shift to where we should be. I'm hoping as firms continue to get to grips with the new thinking post IR35 changes this will change more in our favour but time will tell.
    My main one doesn't actually mention working hours, it just states that my weekly hours are 36.5 (yes, it's an unusual amount). The second one states "core hours" and the third, I haven't even seen any sort of contract as I just started. It's inside so I'm not particularly fussed about the T's&C's. Good name for the CV as far as I'm concerned and that's all it is to me.

I still think they wouldn't be thrilled knowing that I'm moonlighting my services, but ho hum.

Comment

Do what you gotta do. .

These companies need to remember that we are contractors. Inside or outside is irrelevant. You are not giving me job security and I certainly don't need you to. That's the risk I am taking. I get no employee benefits or protections. I'm there to deliver on a task and move on. Period.

The problem we now see with IR35 is as a result of forcing independent contractors to sign contracts that tie down their working hours or time and avoid substitution.

If you can manage it then do it. Just don't get caught

Comment

Originally posted by BrandNewOne View Post
        The problem we now see with IR35 is as a result of forcing independent contractors to sign contracts that tie down their working hours or time and avoid substitution.
        Is it? I'm sure this has been true for the last 15 years IR35 has been around?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post

My main one doesn't actually mention working hours, it just states that my weekly hours are 36.5 (yes, it's an unusual amount). The second one states "core hours" and the third, I haven't even seen any sort of contract as I just started. It's inside so I'm not particularly fussed about the T's&C's. Good name for the CV as far as I'm concerned and that's all it is to me.

I still think they wouldn't be thrilled knowing that I'm moonlighting my services, but ho hum.
          If you have three contracts totalling 90 hours and you're working 90 hours no problem. It's up to you, that is perfectly legal and it doesn't matter if the clients found out. However there are some who work 40 hours and then charge two clients 80 hours. That is actually fraud so they could potentially face some unpleasant legal action from their clients. I get the impression though that mostly contractors get away with it and they probably would simply be sacked if the clients found out.
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 January 2022, 09:37.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
          X