• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Valletta, Malta

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even the mere mention of "Malta" should be enough to put one off, let alone the fact that Malta is home to the majority of the current tax scams. A Maltese 5* hotel is in fact a a 3* if you're lucky. Stay well clear.

Comment

Malta is a weird country mate, I did a few months there, I wouldn't again.

Comment

Accommodation in Malta is expensive. I have a mate who lives there (last 7 years) and is currently working in gaming. It's a young persons game - daft hours, tulip money but it's a laugh and an experience.
        Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Originally posted by brommers View Post
          Even the mere mention of "Malta" should be enough to put one off, let alone the fact that Malta is home to the majority of the current tax scams. A Maltese 5* hotel is in fact a a 3* if you're lucky. Stay well clear.
          yes the only genuinely good hotel on the whole island is the Hilton

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post

And that isn't that great.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If Malta or Gibraltar is mentioned I automatically assume the contract is for a betting firm and reject the approach.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

And that isn't that great.
                easier to find a hotel that is not full of asylum seekers in Malta than the UK though eh

Comment

Not true, the Grand Excelsior and Phoenicia both overlooking the Grand Harbour in Valletta are quite impressive and I've stayed in some beautiful air bnb apartments too
                  Hyatt Regency has recently opened in St Julians but haven't stayed there yet.
                  Last edited by Wobblyheed; 6 January 2022, 09:27.
                  Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

easier to find a hotel that is not full of asylum seekers in Malta than the UK though eh
                    The asylum seekers are well away from the tourists, housed in freight containers.

Comment

I'll be staying in the Rosselli next week which looks to be far superior to the Hilton (any Hilton)

Comment

Working...
                      X