• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PSR MOJ Alexander Mann contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSR MOJ Alexander Mann contract

Hellos,

I've been informed that I have been offered a provisional contract with MOJ via PSR(Alexander Mann).

This is my first public sector cpntract. I want to know if:
    1. How frequently are these types of contracts pulled before start dates.
    2. The agency did the screening should I expect another screening from PSR 3. I'm being asked to use an umbrella company. Does anyone know how I can negotiate payment terms

1. PSR is a heavyweight process, so if it's actually started I'd assume it's on
    2. The agency should do all the screening/onboarding, and for this you should be thankful as dealing with PSR direct is painful
    3. No, and I doubt PSR would budge on payment terms

HTH

Cats are evil.

Comment

I've not seen a MoJ contract be cancelled. In fact it seems to be so painful to actually hire people in the first place that if you have an offer it's unlikely to be pulled. Some things to be aware of though:

1) If you require background checks/clearances they can take an absolute age (I think a couple of people in my team were waiting weeks)
      2) You can't negotiate on terms. Either take it or don't take it.
      3) Contract renewals are a PITA - make sure you start the process well ahead of schedule
      4) There is a hard 2 year limit on contractors in MoJ so don't plan on being here too long.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

I've not seen an MoJ contract pulled but I've been on the receiving end of a FCO one being pulled and while I've been at another Gov body I've seen at least two cases where a contract where a candidate was found but didn't start. It was the gov body that pulled the contract not the candidate but don't know if it was ever offered or it was terminated before they started.

An agency as big as AM on a gov projectthen agency's comission will be fixed so no chance of eeking anything out of the agency and rate from the client will be set by their processes so no way of negotiating that either so no chance of negotiation on rates I am afraid.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X