• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract templates for hiring freelancers (developers)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract templates for hiring freelancers (developers)?

Just wondering if somebody could point me in the direction of some templates. Currently I hire someone from abroad to do some development for me for my current client. I don't have anything in writing - more of a pay as you go deal but thinking of having something in writing just in case any IR35 points come up. I have asked my accountant but they were useless and I really don't want to sit down and create a contract myself

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
    Just wondering if somebody could point me in the direction of some templates. Currently I hire someone from abroad to do some development for me for my current client. I don't have anything in writing - more of a pay as you go deal but thinking of having something in writing just in case any IR35 points come up. I have asked my accountant but they were useless and I really don't want to sit down and create a contract myself
    There are abroad - it doesn't matter
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What Eek said but with 'they' rather than 'there' but if you really want some basic templates to cover payment terms and other contract stuff then QDOS have some.
      https://www.qdoscontractor.com/ir35/...ract-templates
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        What Eek said but with 'they' rather than 'there' but if you really want some basic templates to cover payment terms and other contract stuff then QDOS have some.
        https://www.qdoscontractor.com/ir35/...ract-templates
        Yeah I use the template you linked for my contract with the client but I need something also for the freelancers that I hire.

Comment

Yeah I use the template you linked for my contract with the client but I need something also for the freelancers that I hire.
          I don't use freelancers so sorry if it's a stupid question but what is the difference? Still need payment terms, termination clauses etc that overarch the engagement? Or would you expect the contract to have a more Statement of Work element and concentrate of terms around the work delivered?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I don't use freelancers so sorry if it's a stupid question but what is the difference? Still need payment terms, termination clauses etc that overarch the engagement? Or would you expect the contract to have a more Statement of Work element and concentrate of terms around the work delivered?
            Freelancers are individuals rather than companies. The QDOS templates are more tailored toward companies. But maybe I should just stop being lazy and edit the template to what I need

Comment

Just replace references to the supplying company to read supplying individual, shirley?

Comment

Freelancers are individuals rather than companies. The QDOS templates are more tailored toward companies. But maybe I should just stop being lazy and edit the template to what I need
                Gotta say I'd agree. It still has the fundamentals in there that protect you and trying to find a contract off the net you can use verbatim is not the way to go even if it say LTD to Freelance on the top.

Comment

Working...
                X