• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Concept resourcing data base hacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concept resourcing data base hacked

Received a scam email pretending to be from the NHS yesterday to get a Covid passport. It was quite convincing (and I know from Facebook some people fell for the scam and had to block their cards) but the link was not from the .NHS domain.

Today I received the below email from Concept resourcing:
    We are aware that you may have received an email purporting to be from Concept Resourcing this morning regarding a COVID passport.

This email was not sent by our company, and we would strongly advise that you do not interact with the email. We understand that the page that the email links to has now been taken down but please be vigilant and do not engage with the email further.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused, please rest assured that our security and compliance team are investigating this and we appreciate you bearing with us while we look into this matter further.

Thank you,

Concept Resourcing
    if you had any personal data registered with them it may now be in the hands of hackers

I'd be looking at the competence of the agency and their mailing technique first TBF. Plenty of stories of agencies using CC and not BCC or mailing the list of what their contractors on account are earning to all the contractors on that account.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They had quite a large CV database and yes the email was entirely convincing. I did click on it out of curiosity but didnt have time to fill-in the form.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        if you had any personal data registered with them it may now be in the hands of hackers
        I had the same email, I'll add it to the list of hackers who have my details recently....the other 'hack' I fell victim to has slightly more serious consequences.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58413847

Comment

Working...
        X