• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Outside IR35 Contact

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Outside IR35 Contact

So about to sign a contract, for a role that the recruiter has told me is outside IR35. The contract is with the recruiter rather than the end client.

I've only been offered the contract though, should I also be asking to see the SDS?

Any other recommendations in terms of getting the contract checked?

Originally posted by l35kee View Post
    So about to sign a contract, for a role that the recruiter has told me is outside IR35. The contract is with the recruiter rather than the end client.

I've only been offered the contract though, should I also be asking to see the SDS?

Any other recommendations in terms of getting the contract checked?
    You can ask for the SDS but they don't need to provide one until just prior to the end client paying the agency their first invoice.

Which could be January depending on the client's payment terms (if 90 days after billing)
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Is there any point in getting a qdos ir35 contract review?

Comment

Originally posted by l35kee View Post
        Is there any point in getting a qdos ir35 contract review?
        Is this a small company under the IR35 regulations? If not there is zero point - the determination has little to do with you and you can't really control the end result.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Is this a small company under the IR35 regulations? If not there is zero point - the determination has little to do with you and you can't really control the end result.
          This, and the same for IR35 insurance for this role.

Try and push for an SDS before you start even though they don't have to, and get on with it.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Been wondering the same - about to start an outside contract.

Is it even worth getting it reviewed these days?
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Do a search. It's been answered explicitly numerous times.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Seriously?

Commercial terms don't need checking, potential transfer of liability doesn't need checking, etc?

Did you bump your head or have you always been clueless about how to run your business?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Seriously?

Commercial terms don't need checking, potential transfer of liability doesn't need checking, etc?

Did you bump your head or have you always been clueless about how to run your business?
                  But the point here is that you need to get the contract checked for business reasons not for IR35 reasons.

Nothing you are going to do is going to impact messing around with inside / outside IR35 statuses.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

But the point here is that you need to get the contract checked for business reasons not for IR35 reasons.

Nothing you are going to do is going to impact messing around with inside / outside IR35 statuses.
                    Fair enough - best place to get it done these days?
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X