• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Use your LTD for inside IR35 role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use your LTD for inside IR35 role

Sorry if this has been asked before. Im trying to focus on outside only but was approached for an inside role.

Agent has contacted me about an Inside IR35 role but is saying

"The role is inside IR35, but you're able to use your LTD company if preferable"

Then gives example breakdown of

LTD company rate: £750
    Employers NI & Apprenticeship levy: -£86.45 -£3.30
    In-scope assignment rate: £660.25

But dont really get what hes going on about using my limited

Put that through my limited companies payroll- and apply circa 50% tax on it straight away?

I thought the whole point is you have to use an umbrella not your LTD

Originally posted by tsmith View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before. Im trying to focus on outside only but was approached for an inside role.

Agent has contacted me about an Inside IR35 role but is saying

"The role is inside IR35, but you're able to use your LTD company if preferable"

Then gives example breakdown of

LTD company rate: £750
    Employers NI & Apprenticeship levy: -£86.45 -£3.30
    In-scope assignment rate: £660.25

But dont really get what hes going on about using my limited

Put that through my limited companies payroll- and apply circa 50% tax on it straight away?

I thought the whole point is you have to use an umbrella not your LTD

You can use your own limited company but because National Insurance is deducted before your company receives the money an Umbrella company that offers salary sacrifice will allow you to put more into your pension.,
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

thanks for the reply

https://www.paystream.co.uk/limited-...-your-options/

If I fall inside IR35 for one short assignment in the future. Can I still fulfil the contract using my limited company (PSC)?

Yes but you’ll need to ensure that you pay the correct PAYE and NI. These are commonly referred to as ‘deemed’ payments and they can be managed through your PSC but it involves more complex accounting arrangements and is less efficient.

------------------

according to the above - it will involve 'more complex accounting arrangement'

my accountant is close to retirement and doesnt do any IR35 stuff - is he going to be able to deal with more complexity is my concern

Agent is saying contract only 2 months to start with - hardly seems worth the effort with no guaranteed extension

Comment

Originally posted by tsmith View Post
        thanks for the reply

https://www.paystream.co.uk/limited-...-your-options/

If I fall inside IR35 for one short assignment in the future. Can I still fulfil the contract using my limited company (PSC)?

Yes but you’ll need to ensure that you pay the correct PAYE and NI. These are commonly referred to as ‘deemed’ payments and they can be managed through your PSC but it involves more complex accounting arrangements and is less efficient.

------------------

according to the above - it will involve 'more complex accounting arrangement'

my accountant is close to retirement and doesnt do any IR35 stuff - is he going to be able to deal with more complexity is my concern

Agent is saying contract only 2 months to start with - hardly seems worth the effort with no guaranteed extension
        Tons of threads on deemed payments

https://www.google.com/search?q=deem...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Mess with the search terms in the search box to get more specific threads.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

thanks
          perm + side hustle seems a better route than all this kafkaesque nonsense. it never ends

Comment

Working...
          X