• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency Review

Anyone worked with Reed Professional Services? Any feedback? They seem to market themselves as a management consultancy but sound like an agency

Agents having been doing this for a very long time. They snaffle the roles off the client and where they can put a few contractors in to provide a managed solution they will. If it's just bums on seats it goes through their agency arm. Just using their exposure to clients to try offer a different service. I was through Methods consultancy once rather than their agency setup. Worked fine for me. It was a very thinly veiled excuse just to put bums on seats when I did it but maybe they've got smarted and can offer fixed price SOW type offerings now.

Haven't seen any on site since Hyphen and Barclays and that was a bit of a mess. They employed people to go on site and fulfil the work at perm rates and then made them redundant once the work was finished. They gave them a month or something to go in to their (Hyphen) office while they were benched and if nothing turned up off they went.

What are they offering you? Contract gig or go perm?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Worked through Reed IT the agency a few times.
      Their setup was fine for airhead secretarial roles but not for contractors.
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Agents having been doing this for a very long time. They snaffle the roles off the client and where they can put a few contractors in to provide a managed solution they will. If it's just bums on seats it goes through their agency arm. Just using their exposure to clients to try offer a different service. I was through Methods consultancy once rather than their agency setup. Worked fine for me. It was a very thinly veiled excuse just to put bums on seats when I did it but maybe they've got smarted and can offer fixed price SOW type offerings now.

Haven't seen any on site since Hyphen and Barclays and that was a bit of a mess. They employed people to go on site and fulfil the work at perm rates and then made them redundant once the work was finished. They gave them a month or something to go in to their (Hyphen) office while they were benched and if nothing turned up off they went.

What are they offering you? Contract gig or go perm?
        They are offering an inside role. Haven't heard much about them so was a bit sceptical about how they operated.

Comment

Originally posted by spritz View Post

They are offering an inside role. Haven't heard much about them so was a bit sceptical about how they operated.
          They will have grabbed a project and be offering a number of contractors as a group to fulfill a SOW type piece of work. I'll bet they will just pay you on a day rate though. Bit of a con for the customer, particularly if they are paying more. You'll probably have someone assigned from the agent that gets involved a lot more than a normal agent does.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X