• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Delay in signing a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delay in signing a contract

Have a signed contract and schedule from the agency. Had already begun work, as there was quite a bit of to-ing and fro-ing on one or two clauses.

Can there be any issues with a delay in signing on my side? The agency seems to have forgotten.

Once you've started work, it's assumed you have accepted the contract. So the agency may not bother chasing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by zerosum View Post
      Have a signed contract and schedule from the agency. Had already begun work, as there was quite a bit of to-ing and fro-ing on one or two clauses.

Can there be any issues with a delay in signing on my side? The agency seems to have forgotten.
      As LM says, it's been implictly agreed if you've both seen it and started work. Not great because it leaves gaps that will cause issues down the line if it does go south and the contract is need. People don't get implicit agreement, argue it etc. Also you are a bit buggered if there are any clauses left in there you don't like. The agreed one is the last one seen which again could cause problems etc.

Not a good place to be in IMO. The contract is there to back up what was agreed and is your fall back. If it's not signed, who knows what was the last one agreed it's going to cause more issues than it solves if it's needed.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Delaying the signing will have no impact. It happens all the time. I have often signed contracts mostly renewals after the start date. My very first contract was verbally agreed, but that was a former employer so there was a lot of trust.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
        X