• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheet Issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timesheet Issue

Thought I'd canvass some opinions as I'm really brassed off with a timesheet issue I'm having. I'm working through a German agency supplied to a large Indian consultancy and on to a German customer. Contract finishes at the end of this month and invoices are to be paid within 30 days. Contract states time worked must be entered on the Indian consultancy's timesheet system. On the first of this month, my entire access was revoked, maybe down to an oversight, but now I can't access the timesheet from last month or enter this month's worked days. I've submitted last month's invoice and agent keeps saying it's fine and the invoice will be paid but I'm talking his word it will. Being passed from pillar to post within the Indian consultancy but not getting anywhere. I'm still working on the end client's systems and have some things that I need to complete before the end of the month.

Would you keep plugging away or force the issue by downing tools until this is resolved?
    Last edited by BillHicksRIP; 16 July 2021, 10:54.

You don't work for free. Walk away, and tell the end client why...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

HCL by any chance?

I would get the client to agree the days worked, maybe in an email or something they're willing to sign and keep that to hand in case the consultancy kicks up a fuss. Also keep the evidence of your attempts to get your access resolved.

I'm sure you've already thought of that but that's what I would do in the circumstances.

If you get on well with the client, I'd ask them if they'd be willing to email their contact at the agency and escalate the access issue. Something like, the consultancy's reports will be off because you can't record your time in their system or some such so the client understands the potential impact.

Comment

Fire an email to the consultancy, CC all the managers and the Agent as well.

Tell them you worked X days last month but have not been able to enter it into their Timesheet system.

Tell them that this email is your formal alternative notification mechanism.

Comment

I rarely have any contact with the end client as I'm a resource of the Indian 3-letter-acronym consultancy. As I'm working on the end client account, I don't have instant messaging capabilities to hassle anyone in the consultancy and all their support seems to be based around sending mails to your consultancy email account, which I don't have access to as I can't log on to them.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I would get the client to agree the days worked, maybe in an email or something they're willing to sign and keep that to hand in case the consultancy kicks up a fuss. Also keep the evidence of your attempts to get your access resolved.
            ^^^^ THIS + your contract + an invoice issued = right to be paid
            You need all 3 if it ends up in court.

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
              I rarely have any contact with the end client as I'm a resource of the Indian 3-letter-acronym consultancy. As I'm working on the end client account, I don't have instant messaging capabilities to hassle anyone in the consultancy and all their support seems to be based around sending mails to your consultancy email account, which I don't have access to as I can't log on to them.
              That's a shame. I would always look to leverage the client on this type of thing. Hopefully the agency is right but do you want to wait until the invoice is due to find out? Maybe your initial hunch, and Mal's, is to down tools until it's resolved.

I always feel that's a bit nuclear in a situation where there isn't yet a default on payment.

Comment

It's a really frustrating situation. Have had no problems getting paid so far by the agency and my gut says it's just a mistake on the consultancy's end and you have to go through the quagmire of forwarded emails to get it resolved. The person who hired me is long gone from the account so all's that's left is the people from the consultancy I'm doing knowledge transfer to them I'm out. It's annoying me I could lose 2 month's invoices due to the technicality that I must enter time into a system I can't access.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  HCL by any chance?
                  Very likely to be TCS. From time to time they have these issues but got paid on time.

OP, let your 3-letter consultancy's Account Manager know that you are having trouble accessing. Send the timesheet by email to them and get it approved.
                  Last edited by BigDataPro; 16 July 2021, 13:10.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

Very likely to be TCS. From time to time they have these issues but got paid on time. Let your 3-letter consultancy's Account Manager know.
                    Ah. HCL also have a dire timesheet system and some nonsense with internal emails that you can't access. Maybe they both use the same system

Comment

Working...
                    X