• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anything be done accepted new contract signed it other agency is paying way more!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly it's highly unlikely the agency is paying that rate. Many inflate the rates and it suddently drops as you near the finish line so just tell yourself you were never going to get that anyway.

Also you can't jump ship so you didn't have the chance of getting the new contract so can't be upset over something you couldn't get.

Gotta just move on and not worry about the other option which probably wasn't paying what it says and you couldn't take.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's sadly a sod's law type thing and you'll just have to suck it up if you still want the job. I doubt the client has given different budgets to different agencies so that's going to be a margin difference somewhere.

EDIT: also, consider that you accepted the rate you have signed the contract for. If it wasn't enough then why did you accept it?

Comment

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. And know when you've got leverage, and when you haven't.

You could burn that difference waiting for the new one to start.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          It's sadly a sod's law type thing and you'll just have to suck it up if you still want the job. I doubt the client has given different budgets to different agencies so that's going to be a margin difference somewhere.

EDIT: also, consider that you accepted the rate you have signed the contract for. If it wasn't enough then why did you accept it?
          Supply & demand is why I accepted!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Firstly it's highly unlikely the agency is paying that rate. Many inflate the rates and it suddently drops as you near the finish line so just tell yourself you were never going to get that anyway.

Also you can't jump ship so you didn't have the chance of getting the new contract so can't be upset over something you couldn't get.

Gotta just move on and not worry about the other option which probably wasn't paying what it says and you couldn't take.
            Good point I never considered the agency might be lying about the higher rate to attract candidates! Its so easy to forget the subtle tricks they play on us............!

Comment

Happy ending they offered me a little more so I am going with that improved offer (yes I know if someone offers something so fast it means they could have more scope for even more but I am not that greedy & do not wish to rock the boat before I even started!).

Comment

Oh good, glad it worked out, it also means the agent doesn't have to move the factory date on the s-line they'd ordered too!

Comment

Working...
                X