• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£1bn UK-India trade deals will create 6,000 UK jobs, says PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Malvolio still wants Boris and Rishi stashing tax payers money into friends pockets, opening the IT floodgates, and putting IT contractors into the dustbin of history.
    Don't think I said that at all.

Do you really think, after 20 years fighting IR35, I am pleased by Chapter 10 and its strengthening of Labour's worst ever piece of legislation?

Perhaps remind yourself what Schiller said...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hey, they had to find a way to sort out the mess they created with IR35!

Getting cheaper labour from India look like an easy way out!

Comment

UK and India agree to let more young people in

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56985363

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

It's just to make it easier for Wipro, HCL, Tsys etc etc to get their hives of workers in

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

I think about it every time there is something to vote for. Problem is, I've yet to find a viable alternative that won't bankrupt the country.
            Ahh you want a hung parliament again.

What we need is to stop politics as a professional career. Can't be elected unless you are over 40, have held a real job, haven't got a degree in PPE or been to Eton and live in the constituency in which you are standing.
            My MP currently fits your criteria.

Damn, time for me medicine again...
            No you just have to vote tactically. If the government of the day is causing problems and you are in a constituency were the majority isn't massive, you hold your nose and vote for the nearest opposition.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

No you just have to vote tactically. If the government of the day is causing problems and you are in a constituency were the majority isn't massive, you hold your nose and vote for the nearest opposition.
              This ^^^^^^^
              I voted Labour last time. Not because I wanted a Korbyn government, but because I wanted Johnson to be stuck in a minority government.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

This ^^^^^^^
                I voted Labour last time. Not because I wanted a Korbyn government, but because I wanted Johnson to be stuck in a minority government.
                That went well then....

Tactical voting is all well and good but you're still at the mercy who people vote for Clegg because he came over well on that telly programme
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

That went well then....

Tactical voting is all well and good but you're still at the mercy who people vote for Clegg because he came over well on that telly programme
                  The thing about democracy is you don't choose the winner. You simply have a say.
                  I'm happy with my choice but not the result. That's life.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Perhaps in the past, the Tories WERE the party for a strong economy, the party that supports business, that supports IT contractors in particular.

It is clear that this Tory govt is a party that supports sleaze, corruption, fraud, and supports the destruction of the UK IT sector by various means (legislation, work permits, etc)

Therefore I would suggest everyone reconsiders what they THINK are likely to destroy their livelihoods at the next election.
                    All the main parties are in the pocket of the big global mega corporations and therein lies the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post

that's great news to be honest. it means a lot of british people will be able to go to India and open british takeaways. The tables have turned and the sooner we realise it the better.

Comment

Working...
                      X