• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anybody accepting these ridiculous Inside IR35 roles?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anybody accepting these ridiculous Inside IR35 roles?

IR35 is such a joke, no sick pay , no holidays, no pensions and most companies are being lazy not doing the assessments properly, I'm getting calls every day but saying NO to inside roles, we should all do the same and that way they will be forced to do proper assessments!

Originally posted by itye1970 View Post
    IR35 is such a joke, no sick pay , no holidays, no pensions and most companies are being lazy not doing the assessments properly, I'm getting calls every day but saying NO to inside roles, we should all do the same and that way they will be forced to do proper assessments!
    good luck with that.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

good luck with that.
      well contractors should make a stand....not just accept it!

Comment

You are completely missing the point. They (generally) did do a proper assessment and they want a permatractor bum on seat. If that's what the client wants and the new legislation deems it inside then so be it. No amount of saying no is going to make any difference. Even if the client re-thinks their approach to engagements there will always be some roles that are simply a body on site. Not everything is possible to do as SoW and be outside.

You keep saying no. I'm sure that will give others opportunities they'd be happy to take.

You know there have been inside roles for over a decade and more so two years ago when the public sector changes hit? Bit late to be making a stand two weeks after it's hit.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

well contractors should make a stand....not just accept it!
          You do that.

I'll make money inside or outside, the schoolfees and the mortgage need to be paid

Comment

So many on here willing to go inside ....geez what a bunch of losers

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You are completely missing the point. They (generally) did do a proper assessment and they want a permatractor bum on seat. If that's what the client wants and the new legislation deems it inside then so be it. No amount of saying no is going to make any difference. Even if the client re-thinks their approach to engagements there will always be some roles that are simply a body on site. Not everything is possible to do as SoW and be outside.

You keep saying no. I'm sure that will give others opportunities they'd be happy to take.

You know there have been inside roles for over a decade and more so two years ago when the public sector changes hit? Bit late to be making a stand two weeks after it's hit.
              Yeah inside roles have been around for years but now companies are banning PSCS completely so its a whole different story now, also why is it late to make a stand? never knew there was a time limit, if people like you dont make a stand and just accept it, next youll be accepting 80% tax rates to contracts. its people like you that give up and fall over so easily is why the govt takes more and more money off you! Most companies had over a year to sort this out and didnt bother, not sure what you are on about missing the point? This was supposed to catch people who worked for years for the same company but all its done is now affected genuine outside ir35 contractors and that is ridiculous!
              Last edited by itye1970; 14 April 2021, 13:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

You do that.

I'll make money inside or outside, the schoolfees and the mortgage need to be paid
                yeah you do that and what happens when you fall sick? or do you get any sick pay? if you dont then you wont be able to pay your mortgage anyway!! Last I heard schools were free anyway? what you paying for private schooling?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

good luck with that.
                  didnt realise how many losers are on here! no wonder IR35 came in so easily

Comment

Yeah inside roles have been around for years but now companies are banning PSCS completely so its a whole different story now, also why is it late to make a stand? never knew there was a time limit, if people like you dont make a stand and just accept it, next youll be accepting 80% tax rates to contracts. its people like you that give up and fall over so easily is why the govt takes more and more money off you!
                    People like me? You've absolutely no idea about what work I've done in this area. Just because I point out you are a bit of an idiot doesn't mean I give up and fall over. I've been working on this and trying to educate clients 18 months before the Public sector cuts hit. Years ago. I've done more than you can imagine. You think you look like a trail blazer or someone that's actually making a difference by moaning two weeks after it's hit bearing in mind it's been delayed a year and as been in force in the public sector for three years?

Honestly. What a waste of time this thread is. There isn't a violin small enough, nor box of tissues big enough for this OP.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X