• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remote Working DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

A professional working day does not involve getting up in the middle of a meeting to answer your front door.
    Heaven forbid! Although it does seem to involve spending 3 hours on a train and dressing like you're doing to a wedding each day.

I know which one I'd prefer.

⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      Heaven forbid! Although it does seem to involve spending 3 hours on a train and dressing like you're doing to a wedding each day.
      No it doesn't and no it doesn't.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Merit of home working obviously varies bigly from person to person. For me there is no contest. At home I have better equipment, higher energy levels and greater productivity, and avoid the environmental homicide of commuting to the client 2.5 hours away. Even meetings are more productive. Only drawback perhaps is slight loneliness, living on my own.

Somebody living in a big city with local clients might have a very different viewpoint, as might people with children at home during the day, or folks living in flats, and so on. Companies might take these personal circs into consideration when negotiating WFH, or are there legal aspects(?)

Comment

Working...
        X