• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What MVL?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What MVL?

As many other contractors I might have to close my limited company due to the new regulation with the IR35
    I have been enquiring and the pricing is all over the place. I am sure some of you have closed your PSCs and might be able to recommend one you know ?

so far I have quotes from
    MVLonline £995+VAT+disbursements
    Keystonerecovery £3,999 all included
    SJD Accountancy £2,000 + VAT + disbursements
    Purnells £1,500 + VAT+ disbursements
    Savants £750 + VAT+ disbursements

on top of the MVL my accountants are Charing me £750 + VAT for all the work related to this and my tax return so I don’t know if this is normal or they just trying to make some money as they are loosing another contractor.

I am Incline to go with Chris from MVL as he seems genuine but I just wanted to see if you anyone of you had some recommendations.
    I thought MVL is the best way as I can’t see I would be working outside the IR35 in the future.

Thanks

Originally posted by Pmidas View Post
    As many other contractors I might have to close my limited company due to the new regulation with the IR35
    I have been enquiring and the pricing is all over the place. I am sure some of you have closed your PSCs and might be able to recommend one you know ?

so far I have quotes from
    MVLonline £995+VAT+disbursements
    Keystonerecovery £3,999 all included
    SJD Accountancy £2,000 + VAT + disbursements
    Purnells £1,500 + VAT+ disbursements
    Savants £750 + VAT+ disbursements

on top of the MVL my accountants are Charing me £750 + VAT for all the work related to this and my tax return so I don’t know if this is normal or they just trying to make some money as they are loosing another contractor.

I am Incline to go with Chris from MVL as he seems genuine but I just wanted to see if you anyone of you had some recommendations.
    I thought MVL is the best way as I can’t see I would be working outside the IR35 in the future.

Thanks
    Charing Cross?

losing

There's tons of threads on this. Read them. And they're in the other forum accounting/legal (the correct one where this should be).

Point of note. You don't *have* to do anything. It's a choice.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I'd go with Chris all day long. He's spent a lot of time on here helping out and his advice has always been spot on. He's done MVL's for a number of the forum bigwigs so is a very safe pair of hands.

Extra cost is normal although there has been discussion in the past about the actual amount.

MVL has been done to death recently so people may not be so willing to come back and give the same advice over and over again. Use the google search method to look for the past threads.

In google type MVL site:contractoruk.com/forums

Mess around with the keywords at the beginning for more specific threads.

Remember though. You do not have to close your company due to IR35. You will get many contracts over the years. The fact that the one you are getting is inside is just a short term thing. Inside gigs have been around since the dawn of IR35 so it's not specifically the new changes that are forcing you to close it. Remember also you cannot open a new LTD for two years after you've MVL'd.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 25 March 2021, 11:18.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

Charing Cross?

losing

There's tons of threads on this. Read them. And they're in the other forum accounting/legal (the correct one where this should be).

Point of note. You don't *have* to do anything. It's a choice.
        Ohh dear posted on the wrong forum... Ok no worries thank you for replying...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I'd go with Chris all day long. He's spent a lot of time on here helping out and his advice has always been spot on. He's done MVL's for a number of the forum bigwigs so is a very safe pair of hands.

Extra cost is normal although there has been discussion in the past about the actual amount.

MVL has been done to death recently so people may not be so willing to come back and give the same advice over and over again. Use the google search method to look for the past threads.

In google type MVL site:contractoruk.com/forums

Mess around with the keywords at the beginning for more specific threads.

Remember though. You do not have to close your company due to IR35. You will get many contracts over the years. The fact that the one you are getting is inside is just a short term thing. Inside gigs have been around since the dawn of IR35 so it's not specifically the new changes that are forcing you to close it. Remember also you cannot open a new LTD for two years after you've MVL'd.
          Thanks a lot NorthenlandUK, I have now found some of posts you mentioned... I feel a bit piss off with my accountants as they haven't really explained all they need to do in a MVL but the said they will sort out all my taxes in the most efficient way... God knows that is true....

Comment

Working...
          X