• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

12 Month Contract With Immediate Notice of Termination on Both Sides

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 Month Contract With Immediate Notice of Termination on Both Sides

Anyone had experience of contracting through PSR (Public Sector Resourcing)? I've received an offer for a 12 month contract and the notice period is zero days on both sides. When I queried this with the consultant he said that yes, unfortunately there is no notice and immediate termination can be given from the client and myself.

Having never had a zero days notice contract, one of 12 month's, or worked through PSR before I'm concerned about this. Should I be worried?

Always treat any contract as having immediate termination from the client side. This helps you stay balanced instead of concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Win View Post
      Anyone had experience of contracting through PSR (Public Sector Resourcing)? I've received an offer for a 12 month contract and the notice period is zero days on both sides. When I queried this with the consultant he said that yes, unfortunately there is no notice and immediate termination can be given from the client and myself.

Having never had a zero days notice contract, one of 12 month's, or worked through PSR before I'm concerned about this. Should I be worried?
      only be worried if you're crap.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

It's not a fixed term contract, 0 days notice is not new, so long as the rate & location are acceptable. You've got a 12 month contract but check the actual project plan. Some Depts give 2 weeks notice anyway, just depends on the management. I'm through PSR for the same client for the 3rd time, just had a nice 6 month extension offer through.

There's the ball ache of vetting to get through first, but you'll only find that out once accepted (6 to 8 weeks for the last intake)
        Last edited by anonymouse; 24 March 2021, 10:36.

Comment

I am fine with zero days notice. To get a rate rise, I have even negotiated for such in the contract to sweeten something or other.

Does zero days notice help in any way towards some Outside type consideration? Not sure.

Comment

Zero days is your best outcome for IR35. Anything more could indicate the client is likely to keep you on to honour the notice if there is no work to do which demonstrates MoO.

As others have already said you are already effectively on zero days anyway. The client withdraws work, you can't get a timesheet signed so don't get paid. Effectively the same.

Make absolutely sure it is zero days notice and not 'no notice period' which is totally different.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 24 March 2021, 11:28.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This is deemed as inside IR35 and terms state "Notice Period - 0 days" so I assume from that it means that there is no notice given on either side to terminate. The agency also told me this on the phone so hoping he's not telling porkies!

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
                .....There's the ball ache of vetting to get through first, but you'll only find that out once accepted (6 to 8 weeks for the last intake)
                Interesting.....I was told by the agent that their SLA for this client is 5 working days! I haven't yet accepted though, were you also told this?

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Win View Post

Interesting.....I was told by the agent that their SLA for this client is 5 working days! I haven't yet accepted though, were you also told this?
                  I'm through PSR for the same client for the 3rd time, just had a nice 6 month extension offer through.

There's the ball ache of vetting to get through first, but you'll only find that out once accepted (6 to 8 weeks for the last intake)

So the answer is "NO", we weren't told this by the pimp, it was a real process, with real people and documents. But you might be lucky and the agent is telling the truth

Comment

Originally posted by simes View Post
                    I am fine with zero days notice. To get a rate rise, I have even negotiated for such in the contract to sweeten something or other.
                    You must negotiate with some pretty stupid people then? Rate rise for reduction in notice. That's a new one. Unless it's just not true of course.

Does zero days notice help in any way towards some Outside type consideration? Not sure.
                    Yes it is. I've posted above. Read it and learn something.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X