• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Face to face interviews in lock down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face to face interviews in lock down

Quick question... I assume that this is allowed during "lockdown"? If invited to an interview.

It is allowed but it is also pretty daft. Are they requesting or do you want it?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 15 March 2021, 16:18.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Interestingly, there was a small law change in the latest lockdown which seems to have gone completely unmentioned - it's actually illegal to travel for work purposes if said work could reasonably be done remotely.

Like I say, it seems to have been completely glossed over and, if anything, this lockdown has seen more people go out to work than previous lockdowns but technically I think an interview could be illegal unless you can demonstrate a need for it to be physical.

Comment

Are you that desperate you want to work for an organisation that doesn't give a damn about H&S?

Until June in England everyone is advised to WFH if they can.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No not me - but someone mentioned they are going to an interview at end client via an agency. And was thinking whether this was still going on and legal.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
            No not me - but someone mentioned they are going to an interview at end client via an agency. And was thinking whether this was still going on and legal.
            It is legal if you can't do it remotely.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              Interestingly, there was a small law change in the latest lockdown which seems to have gone completely unmentioned - it's actually illegal to travel for work purposes if said work could reasonably be done remotely.

Like I say, it seems to have been completely glossed over and, if anything, this lockdown has seen more people go out to work than previous lockdowns but technically I think an interview could be illegal unless you can demonstrate a need for it to be physical.
              There is no enforcement of lockdown laws in workplaces.

Even when there are outbreaks in workplaces due to poor H&S measures local councils and the HSE can do SFA.

Comment

Working...
              X