• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Citizen open limited company in Republic of Ireland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Citizen open limited company in Republic of Ireland

Hi All,

As per my understanding British Citizen can open limited company in Republic of Ireland even after Brexit.
    I have recently liquidated my company in UK and starting a contract in ROI. I will open a limited company in ROI.

Any issues in terms of Entrepreneur Relief etc ?
    Can I open Business account in UK ?

Regards
    Mike

https://www.contractoruk.com/oversea...g_ireland.html

In the UK you don't need to have a UK bank so I imagine it might be similar (but the other way around) for Ireland.

Most of the Irish Govt is shut down due to Level 5 Covid restrictions, so your best bet is probably to talk to HSBC or Barclays (a bank with presence in both countries) to get some advice.

You need to be aware of residency rules as well of course.

Comment

If you work remotely from the UK, there will be tax implications in the UK. For example if you work 50% in the UK and 50% in Ireland you should be splitting the income accordingly. If you are splitting your time then you should get some advice from accountants in both the UK and Ireland. If this is the case you could for example invoice your ROI company from a UK Ltd.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

have you considered starting a UK LTD? Or are you working in Ireland?
        Or.... register a company in Belfast? That's in the single market but also the UK.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
        X