• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Aspiring Business Analyst

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #21
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

    Very true, one of my key strengths is that my stakeholders like me. It's the first and most important skill (and stakeholder management is a skill).
    I would agree with this but not sure how to make this stand out in a CV to get my next role?

    Comment


      #22
      Originally posted by mbolton View Post

      I would agree with this but not sure how to make this stand out in a CV to get my next role?
      Put
      • Excellent stakeholder management
      against ever job you've done in the past.

      If you don't have the time served and demonstrable skills required for the role it won't make much difference though as you'll struggle to get beyond basic CV sifting.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

      Comment


        #23
        Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

        Put
        • Excellent stakeholder management
        against ever job you've done in the past.

        If you don't have the time served and demonstrable skills required for the role it won't make much difference though as you'll struggle to get beyond basic CV sifting.
        You are clearly not a BA

        - stakeholder engagement

        (OK, we all know they need managing, but it's best to let them find out later)

        Comment


          #24
          Originally posted by mbolton View Post

          I would agree with this but not sure how to make this stand out in a CV to get my next role?
          It's one of those things that is best said about you. You need to earn your stripes & get known. A LinkedIn recommendation saying something like this might help.

          mbolton is empathetic, loyal, supportive and highly communicative. He brings humour, a sense of fun and positivity to both personal and business situations which most people would struggle with. I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend working with him

          Comment


            #25
            Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

            You are clearly not a BA

            - stakeholder engagement

            (OK, we all know they need managing, but it's best to let them find out later)
            Originally posted by cojak View Post

            Very true, one of my key strengths is that my stakeholders like me. It's the first and most important skill (and stakeholder management is a skill).
            If Cojak thinks Stakeholder Management is a skill it's good enough for me.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

            Comment


              #26
              Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

              It's one of those things that is best said about you. You need to earn your stripes & get known. A LinkedIn recommendation saying something like this might help.

              mbolton is empathetic, loyal, supportive and highly communicative. He brings humour, a sense of fun and positivity to both personal and business situations which most people would struggle with. I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend working with him
              How much do you sell those recommendations for?

              Comment


                #27
                Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

                It's one of those things that is best said about you. You need to earn your stripes & get known. A LinkedIn recommendation saying something like this might help.

                mbolton is empathetic, loyal, supportive and highly communicative. He brings humour, a sense of fun and positivity to both personal and business situations which most people would struggle with. I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend working with him
                Cheers I will ask around

                Comment


                  #28
                  You have to be flexible and look not only in your region but all over the UK
                  If you have long notice period no-one will take you (Redundancy is always a good trigger to become a contractor, you have already been given notice and you will likely receive some redundancy money, which will keep you going for a while, try to volunteer for redundancy if a cut is going on where you work)
                  But...During these covid times, I would stay where you are at the moment
                  You also may not have enough experience, you are competing against contractors with 20+ years of experience

                  Comment


                    #29
                    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

                    How much do you sell those recommendations for?
                    I am afraid it isn't my IP. DB CTO wrote that about me.

                    Comment


                      #30
                      Hi All

                      Gave this a few days to see if any other replies came in, my take away is I need to build a reputation which will take quite a while and a lot of people basically saying am I sure that is what I want (which I appreciate and have considered but don't answer my original query).

                      Is there anything else I can work on in the shorter term while we all have some more time on our hands? BCS certification etc or even somewhere to be networking or something

                      Thanks in advance
                      Michael
                      Last edited by mbolton; 8 March 2021, 09:18.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X