• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract offered with no interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biergarten
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You'll be treated as an employee of the consultancy when working for the client site and it's highly likely the consultancy will also treat you like a permie while you are as well. You'll be doing exactly the same as their perms and you'll all be expected to perform in the same way so SDC, no subs etc. Not a good IR35 position.
    mmm, strange, i don't see the danger with the consultancy.

i see it as a project with two consultancy firms working side-by-side, one of them is a one-man company. In fact, I realised the consultancy company sees me as a client employee, as for example I have a client email, contrary to the consultants (and in my paranoia, i think that could have saved my ass). And the consultancy company have their own architect and decision makers not integrated in the team, but that any consultant member of the team has to go through them to communicate with the client company. Not my case, I just ignore them.

pd - on a side note, once the ir35 legislation applies, as it is up to the client companies to declare the in/out status if they say a contract is out, that's? even if they do it wrongly, not my problem retroactively, or?
    Last edited by biergarten; 17 February 2021, 22:24.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by biergarten View Post
    what?
    You'll be treated as an employee of the consultancy when working for the client site and it's highly likely the consultancy will also treat you like a permie while you are as well. You'll be doing exactly the same as their perms and you'll all be expected to perform in the same way so SDC, no subs etc. Not a good IR35 position.

Leave a comment:

• biergarten
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Inside IR35 tastic

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    what?

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by biergarten View Post
    yeah, sorry for not posting a follow-up.

I started on the day expected and from the first day I could see it was ok, or at least like any other contract I had previously. Although I went a bit paranoid as from the second day in my "one-week interview" I was placed in a team all integrated by consultants of the same external company. but they are fine, lol.

at the end i have monthly payment terms, for a proper happy close have to wait till around the 10th of march
    Inside IR35 tastic

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• biergarten
    replied
    yeah, sorry for not posting a follow-up.

I started on the day expected and from the first day I could see it was ok, or at least like any other contract I had previously. Although I went a bit paranoid as from the second day in my "one-week interview" I was placed in a team all integrated by consultants of the same external company. but they are fine, lol.

at the end i have monthly payment terms, for a proper happy close have to wait till around the 10th of march

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    OP never logged in after January

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I need closure! What happened?!
    You asking about Fraidycats situation? If you are then they fell in love and everyone lived happily ever after.

The OP? Not a clue.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I need closure! What happened?!

Leave a comment:

• velcro
    replied
    I've had four of my best contracts from phone calls with no actual interview. One went like this: "Hello. Look, we're in the sh1t. Can you start today? Like now?"
    Telephone call at 9am and I was being shown a desk by 11, and I ended up there for two years.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Had a couple of contracts with no interview - both went OK.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X