• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract offered with no interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocktronAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by biergarten View Post
    recruiter contacted me, offered a contract at a ok rate. starting monday. outside IR35.

first week is an immediate notice and after the usual one week.

is this normal? was somebody in a contract like that?
    Well you don't know the client and the client has never worked with you before

Easy in, easy out - assume you will be binned, accept the job and keep interviewing for the next 3 months or so, eventually the trust will come.
    Last edited by rocktronAMP; 29 January 2021, 14:50. Reason: grammar

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The most minimal interview I've had was a friend calling me, asking if I'd join her team and saying "just don't be crap" (as if!).

However, that was working with someone I knew.

The next most miminal was a 20 minute telephone chat on the Wednesday for a Monday start.

I'd want to talk to someone about the role, other than an agent, but as mentioned above the first week is an interview. Just make sure you get any timesheets, or other evidence required for payment, signed off to make sure you get paid if you're subsequently let go. I'd almost consider cheekily asking for week one up front.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Forget notice periods. If they want you out in the second week they can withdraw the work and ask you not to come in until the end of the contract. Outcome is the same.

I'd be concerned about not having an interview. It's your chance to grill them and make sure you even want the work. Christ knows what you are walking in to.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Had it myself in the past, never been kicked off a site yet, think of the week as your interview

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• biergarten
    started a topic Contract offered with no interview

Contract offered with no interview

recruiter contacted me, offered a contract at a ok rate. starting monday. outside IR35.

first week is an immediate notice and after the usual one week.

is this normal? was somebody in a contract like that?

Working...
X