• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency contract says 7

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikedesign View Post
    Tldr agency trying to pay on 28th day contract says 7

So basically chucked my line manager the line I will be leaving Friday 21 days after starting should have been on 7 day terms enquired several times as to am I on 7 day payment 14 days later still not paid.

Rings agency who says you won’t get paid your on 28 days

Pointed out contract email etc says 7 days

Agency guy goes away confirms yes on 7 days director has confirmed this and will get a chaps payment to you

Monday blows by

Today get email from agency saying due to the client not paying them on 7 days I won’t be on 7 days they have put me on 28 days

I Point out their payment terms with their client aren’t my problem ( but they are now)
    Told director is very apologetic but nothing they can do

Then discover contractor sat next to me is on 7 days same agency and I found out because he heard the convo with the hiring guy

Three weeks in I am thinking the agency think I’m a bit too invested to walk on this one since also discovering today the role will be inside ir35 I am defininity happy to walk today, just feel bad for the company , nice company and it seems a bit off to just walk out not having given them much bang for their buck, you know it takes a week for them to get any useful output.

What the best course of action here in 25 years I’ve never been blagged this badly
    Let me get this straight, you terminated because the agency swapped you to 28 day payment terms from 7?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
      Let me get this straight, you terminated because the agency swapped you to 28 day payment terms from 7?
      He also said something about finding out the contract was inside ir35.

Regarding 28 day payment terms, the agency must be having cashflow problems. This is not totally surprising as we are in a recession.

If the OP has enough 'f *** you' money then he can obviously walk, i would if i was in his position.
      Last edited by Fraidycat; 10 December 2020, 14:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
        He also said something about finding out the contract was inside ir35.

Regarding 28 day payment terms, the agency must be having cashflow problems. This is not totally surprising as we are in a recession.

If the OP has enough 'f *** you' money then he can obviously walk, i would if i was in his position.
        I've been contracted for best part of 20 years, I've never had a contract that isn't at least 30 day payment terms, almost all tended to push to 38/39 days - 7 day payment terms, what are you an Uber driver??? Certainly not a true business to business service provider.

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
          I've been contracted for best part of 20 years, I've never had a contract that isn't at least 30 day payment terms, almost all tended to push to 38/39 days - 7 day payment terms, what are you an Uber driver??? Certainly not a true business to business service provider.
          It's nothing to do with not being a true business providor. The agents factor the payments so they pay in 7 and it's them that suffers the delay in payments....
          Last edited by northernladuk; 10 December 2020, 16:49.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            It's nothing to do with not being a true business providor. The agents factor the payments so they pay in 7 and it's them that suffers the delay in payments....
            Yep, was speaking to Sonovate today and they offer a complete factoring service. The client signs the Sonovate timesheet system, 3 days later the contractor is paid and the agency receives the majority of that weeks fee.

For a lot of smaller agencies those upfront payments make Sonovate a better solution than actually trying to do anything yourself - sadly I think all the oil industry agencies are massive and historic ones with old approaches and zero need to offer quick payment.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Stay another week, then get paid for the lot?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
              X