• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A lot of recruitment redundancies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of recruitment redundancies

On LinkedIn, I am seeing a lot of recruiters getting made redundant from their roles. Reed and Lorien who were on the PSL for RBS so not just the little guys.

Anyone know of any others starting to make redundancies?

Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
    On LinkedIn, I am seeing a lot of recruiters getting made redundant from their roles. Reed and Lorien who were on the PSL for RBS so not just the little guys.

Why?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Why?
      Just generally interested.

Comment

Why?
        So we can gloat like mad at their misfortune. I'd love to ring them up everyday and ask them to provide two former hiring clients and then slam the phone down on them.

Comment

I've seen a lot of recruitment agents posting on Linkedin over the last 3 months about their redundancy stories. This is nothing new. The lucky ones will have been furloughed, but that will come to an end soon too.

I noticed the vanishing of phishing calls a month or two ago which suggested the majority of the younger inexperienced agents had already been let go.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            So we can gloat like mad at their misfortune. I'd love to ring them up everyday and ask them to provide two former hiring clients and then slam the phone down on them.

Good job you're not the vindictive sort then.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Just generally interested.
              Why?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Why?
                Maybe it's a useful indication of what is happening in the job market? I think it's not an unreasonable question in the current climate.

One high growth recruiter I've worked with for 7-8 years is getting rid of a third of their staff and most are at the junior-mid level. One of their senior managers described it as a decade's worth of growth gone just like that.

Comment

I almost made a similar post yesterday. It's going to hit a lot of these young people very hard indeed. The industry was always going to take an absolute pounding over the "off-payroll" stuff, but Covid's just made that so much worse so much sooner.

Good luck to them, but they'll likely be back stacking shelves sooner than they thought.
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                    I almost made a similar post yesterday. It's going to hit a lot of these young people very hard indeed. The industry was always going to take an absolute pounding over the "off-payroll" stuff, but Covid's just made that so much worse so much sooner.

Good luck to them, but they'll likely be back stacking shelves sooner than they thought.
                    And so it came to pass

Recuritnent consultants and IT consultants will finally work together hand in hand in the supermarket

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X