• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Biting The Bullet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Own up, whose is this? To be fair, 8/10 effort.
    Not mine either, but nobody cancels SLA's,
    that's a big difference between contractor/business and permanent, entrepreneurship and level of responsibilities for outcomes is distinction between contract and perm.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuri F View Post
      WTFH - my company provides professional business services in agreed amount delivering agreed results in agreed quality and receives agreed payment for it
      (how to do it - working full day or not - is a different question {sometimes it might even be opposite: working Friday and 2 days over weekend to fix bloody thing to ensure continuity - charging for only one because it's not client's fault, business is business..})

I'm really amazed with unusual ability of your mind to interpret reality in a very biased way.

I'm really amazed at how you made up numbers, claimed everyone is stupid, refused to provide relevant information that would highlight how your business works differently, but still want to be rude to anyone who has maybe been contracting for 20+ years and maybe has a bit of experience and knowledge.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I'm really amazed at how you made up numbers, claimed everyone is stupid, refused to provide relevant information that would highlight how your business works differently, but still want to be rude to anyone who has maybe been contracting for 20+ years and maybe has a bit of experience and knowledge.
        Again - beauty of human mind to interpret reality around us in a worst possible way. If you search for rudeness everywhere you might see it (even if it's not there)..

20+yrs, taking my hat off to you...

Calculations as was already mentioned before - are on previous pages
        (for some reasons nobody tries to defy any specific tax category result proving it's wrong with their calculation, everyone just says it's wrong in general? without having a clue where?),
        tax rates are on HMRC web-site.

P.S. Also - 20 years mostly would be indicator of professionalism in certain area, not necessarily accounting/finance and running business efficiently, so forgive me for not accepting it at this stage as confirmation of advanced knowledge, just technically..
        Last edited by Yuri F; 14 April 2020, 11:41.

Comment

Again - beauty of human mind to interpret reality around us in a worst possible way. If you search for rudeness everywhere you might see it (even if it's not there)..

20+yrs, taking my hat off to you...

Calculations as was already mentioned before - are on previous pages, tax rates are on HMRC web-site.

P.S. Also - 20 years mostly would be indicator of professionalism in certain area, not necessarily accounting/finance and running business efficiently, so forgive me for not accepting it at this stage as confirmation of advanced knowledge, just technically..
          Don't jump the shark.

Comment

Calculations as was already mentioned before - are on previous pages, tax rates are on HMRC web-site.

And your calculations were incomplete, as was demonstrated by several of us, but still you want to feel superior.
            You then edit practically every post you make.

You make claims about figures, and then change from them being generally true to only applying to the way your company runs.
            Perhaps the lesson you could take away is that if a lot of people who are technically minded and understand accounts are able to come up with the same figures, then instead of telling them they don't understand the "bare basics" and how it's not "rocket science", maybe you need to take a look and ask yourself "why are my figures massively different?"

Comment

WTFH - I don't see a point of this polemics without proof that any of my tax numbers
              (already given before, from CT, to IT{inc. div} and NI) are wrong, everyone is just generalizing so far...

it's looking more and more like a trolling, and not by me..

Comment

Ohh, sorry, I'm almost forgot it's forum for poetry and literature contractors, apologies for that mr. grammar patrol.
                Its clear that English is not your first language, so we should give you some leeway, but it is proving difficult to understand exactly what you're trying to say. Can I suggest typing what you mean into Google Translate (in your {first} language) and pasting the translated results here?

Comment

And your calculations were incomplete, as was demonstrated by several of us, but still you want to feel superior.
                  You then edit practically every post you make.

You make claims about figures, and then change from them being generally true to only applying to the way your company runs.
                  Perhaps the lesson you could take away is that if a lot of people who are technically minded and understand accounts are able to come up with the same figures, then instead of telling them they don't understand the "bare basics" and how it's not "rocket science", maybe you need to take a look and ask yourself "why are my figures massively different?"
                  Ah. Either they're using a scheme or there's a second director (e.g. spouse) who's not working elsewhere and they're doing the dual tax break thing.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Ah. Either they're using a scheme or there's a second director (e.g. spouse) who's not working elsewhere and they're doing the dual tax break thing.

Yup.
                    Many variables, many caveats, which is why you, me, and others, all came back with roughly the same numbers - we were working of a "generally, what would you expect"

Comment

Yup.
                      Many variables, many caveats, which is why you, me, and others, all came back with roughly the same numbers - we were working of a "generally, what would you expect"
                      Not seen a calculator for two company directors - do you know of one?
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X